Fall of Sense

Sorry if the title of this chapter makes no sense. (haha) I am not really good at titles of Chapters.

Here is the next installment of Who Knew? Make sure to check out my other stories, and don't forget to comment and vote!

-Stacey

Jessica sat on the ground, her knees pulled up to her chest. She dropped her head onto her knees and wrapped her arms around her legs.

            "Jessica, it'll be alright." Jacob muttered as he knelt down beside her and gave her a hug. Claudia followed suit and rubbed Jessica's back comfortingly.

            "Thanks guys." Jessica replied and got to her feet.

            Jessica moved over to Jasper and knelt in front of him.

            "Jasper, do you think you're strong enough for me to talk to Edward alone?" She asked as she took his hand.

            "Yeah, go ahead." Jasper nodded.

            Edward lowered Jasper back down onto the bench and rose to his feet. He took Jessica by the hand and led her outside. Edward turned to face Jessica, a silent battle waging in his mind. Should he tell her now? Should he wait until the antigen has made its way through Jasper's body?

            "Edward--I know something is going on. I don't know what upsets me more; the fact that I know something is wrong with Jasper, or the fact that you won't tell me the truth. Please...tell me." Jessica pleaded.

            Edward was at an impasse. He knew that telling Jessica the truth would break her heart, but he knew that if he didn't and she found out on her own, that it would break her heart still.

            "Come with me." Edward replied and held out his hand.

            Jessica took Edward's hand and he led her back inside. He stood her in front of Jasper, and pulled everyone else aside.

            "I need to speak with Claudia and Jessica alone. I'm going to tell them the truth. It’s the right thing to do." Edward said.

            "We knew this would happen eventually." Emmett replied.

            Erik, Emmett and Jacob walked swiftly from the room, whispering to each other.

            "Claudia, stand by Jessica. I'll just be a minute." Edward muttered as he turned away to gather his wits, and his courage.

            "Edward? Are you okay?" Claudia questioned.

            "I'm...fine. There's something you two need to know."

            "It’s about Jasper...isn't it?" Jessica stated in a monotone.

            Edward took a deep breath.

            "Yes, it is. First and foremost, you need to know that Amber lied. It was never an antidote to the curse she put on Jasper. It’s a vampire antigen. A vampire antigen is a chemical that's genetically altered. The original chemical is found in the bark of Californian Redwoods. The antigen destroys the venom in the vampire's system, turning them human. Sometimes the antigen kick starts the person's heart, sometimes...it doesn't. We don't know how long he has left. It could be days, weeks....could be minutes. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

            Claudia was speechless. She had no idea how to react. Jessica was silent, tears falling from her eyes. Claudia hugged her as Jessica's shoulders shook with sobs.