Return To Forks

Sorry it has taken so long to update!

<3 Stacey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sorry, I was daydreaming again.” Jessica said as she opened the back door and clambered inside.

            “Just like you to daydream while the rest of us are trying to get home.” Jacob laughed as he climbed in next to Claudia.

            “Wait, what about Seth and Quil?” Claudia asked.

            “They’re already on their way back to La Push to let Sam and the others know what went down and to let them know I’m bringing home a little something extra.” Jacob smiled and kissed Claudia on the cheek.

            Emmett slid into the front seat and Edward took the wheel. Jessica leaned her head against the window and watched the scenery fly by as they got on the freeway and headed south. She closed her eyes and drifted off into a gentle slumber.

0-0-0-0-0

            Claudia smiled to herself as she looked around the S.U.V at her family. Jessica was asleep with her head against the window; Emmett was browsing through the extensive CD collection at lightning speed trying to find something he wanted to listen to; Edward leaning back behind the wheel, a content look on his face; and Jacob sitting broad-shouldered and warm, a smile cemented on his face.

            “Man I can’t wait to get back home for one of Emily’s nice, home-cooked meals.” Jacob remarked.

            “I know what you mean Jacob. I haven’t eaten Emily’s cooking in years.” Jessica replied, stretching her arms above her head and yawning.

            “Go back to sleep Jessica, we still have a long trip ahead of us.” Edward said, looking back at Jessica in the rearview mirror.

            “I can’t sleep; I had a nightmare.” Jessica muttered.

            “It was about Jasper, wasn’t it?” Claudia asked.

            “Yes.” She whispered sadly. “It was in a dark forest. I could hear Jasper calling for me, calling for help but he was nowhere to be found. He was screaming in pain and there wasn’t anything I could do. I was running through the trees trying to find him. When I finally found him, Amber was standing over him with his heart in her hand. She was laughing at me.”

            “Don’t worry Jessica, it was just a dream. Amber can’t hurt any of us anymore.” Jacob spoke.

            “I know that, but I just keep feeling like I should’ve done more to save Jasper.” Jessica declared, her voice breaking on his name. Jessica glanced over her shoulder at the headstone sitting amongst the luggage, the polished surface glinting in the sunlight.

            “Stop talking like that Jessie.” Edward began. “You did everything you could to save Jasper and you know that. Nobody blames you for Jasper’s death, and I don’t want you to make yourself feel guilty.”

            “Yeah Jess. Please stop blaming yourself. You’re getting everyone down. And I do not need this car filled with negative moods.” Claudia added.

            “You’re right guys. I’m sorry.” Jessica said. “Besides, talking about it made me feel better.”

            “If you need anything Jess, we’re here for you.” Jacob added.

            Thanks again guys. I think I’ll feel better once we get to Forks.” Jessica replied.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

            There remainder of the trip was silent. Jessica was exhausted and needed time to herself to think. Claudia and Jacob were nestled together asleep beside her. Emmett stared out the window, wrapped up in his own thoughts.

            It was early morning by the time they reached Forks. The sun was just beginning to peak over the horizon when Edward pulled the SUV into the driveway of the Cullen home. Jacob scooped up a sleeping Claudia in his arms and carried her inside. Emmett grabbed the bags from the back and brought them inside.

            “Rosalie, I’m home!” Emmett shouted as he entered the house. Edward grabbed Jessica from the car and slowly made his way into the house. He carried her upstairs to his bedroom and laid her down on the bed that Esme had put in. Edward kissed Jessica on the forehead and left the room.

            “It’s so great to have you all home again.” Esme remarked as Edward joined his family in the living room. Edward embraced his mother tightly.

            “I’m glad that we’re back home and safe too.” Edward replied.

            “Are Jessica and Claudia sleeping?” Rosalie asked. Emmett stood behind Rosalie, his arm around her waist protectively.

            “Yes, the girls are still asleep. Has Alice returned yet?” Edward questioned.

            “No, Alice has yet to return. No one has seen or heard from her since the funeral. We’ve been in touch with the Denali to have them keep an eye out for her. But they have not seen her.” Carlisle stated.

            “We think she stayed in Blaine after Jasper’s funeral and was tracking Amber. We were in the middle of an encounter with Amber at the high school when Alice showed up. She attacked Amber.” Edward said.

            “What happened after that? Is Amber still alive?” Rosalie pondered.

            “Well she…the thing is—”

            “Amber is dead.” Jessica provided as she walked into the room. “Alice killed her in a fit of rage.”

            “How was Amber killed? Please tell me Alice didn’t do what I think she did.” Esme begged.

            “I’m sorry Esme, but she did. Alice threw 60 years of vegetarianism away in one second. She drank human blood for the first time in decades.” Jessica remarked.

            “No.” Esme gasped. “It can’t be true. I have to go find her!”

            “You can’t go after her Esme. If any of us go after her, then she’ll never come back home. Alice needs time to deal with her issues on her own. She needs to know that we trust her enough to give her space when she wants it. I know it’s hard to stay at home when Alice is out there alone and confused, but we have to let her deal with that on her own.” Jessica said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it so far! Keep checking in for more updates!