Tracker

“What? Jessica you can’t call this off. We have to get justice for Jasper and Erik. Amber needs to be punished for her actions and you know that. What happened to Jasper and Erik was not your fault Jessica. We are in this for the long haul, all of us until the very end.” Edward replied.

            Jessica glanced around at the others, who each nodded in agreement.

            “I know. Now it’s time to get down to business. We’ve grieved for our fallen, and now we must get to work.” Jessica uttered. “First off, what do we know about Amber?”

            “We know she’s a Hunter and a Sorceress. That’s about it.” Jacob stated.

            “Remember what Jasper warned us about? That Amber has something planned for me and Jessica sometime soon. If we don’t figure out where she’s hiding and stop this once and for all, we won’t stand a chance at survival.”

            “Can’t you do some kind of witchcraft Lo-Jack on her?” Seth asked Claudia with a smile.

            “Actually,” Claudia stated as she rose to her feet and joined Jessica at the head of the table. “I can. All I need is a map and something that Amber has held recently or something with lingering traces of her magic on it. Do we have that?”

            “We have a map in the end table in the living room.” Jessica replied.

            “And I took this off of Amber when I tied her up.” Jacob pulled a dagger from his pocket. It was intricately carved with symbols that looked older than the dagger itself. Its handle was covered in tiny jewels in a rainbow of colors.

            “That is perfect Jacob. Something that old has to have years of her magic intertwined in it. This is probably the best thing we could have. You’re amazing Jacob.” Claudia said with a twinkle in her eye.

            “Okay then, let’s get started.” Jessica finalized. She skipped into the living room and came back with an atlas. She set it on the table and opened it to a map of Washington State.

            “Now what happens?” Jacob questioned.

            “Now everyone needs to keep quiet so I can concentrate on the spell. I’m going to be locating Amber based on her magic aura. Every magical being has a unique and distinct aura. Using the magic that’s been infused into this dagger, I will be able to track Amber down to her exact location. There’s an old spell I could use to transport her right back here. All I need for that is some yellow candles, vanilla and sandalwood incense.” Claudia announced.

            “There’s some in the upstairs closet, on the top shelf. It’s in a box labeled Witchcraft. Could you get that for us Emmett?” Jessica asked.

            “Sure, no problem Jess.” Emmett replied.

            “Thanks Emmett!” Jessica smiled.

            Jessica watched as Emmett walked swiftly from the room. She turned her attention back to Claudia who was deep in concentration; her eyes were closed and her hands hovered over the dagger. Claudia was muttering under her breath in a language Jessica didn’t understand.

            “Claudia is speaking Latin. It is what most magic is based from. Some of the darker magic is based from Celtic.” Edward whispered in Jessica’s ear. Jessica and Edward continued to watch Claudia.

            “Okay, everything’s all set up for the locator spell and for the transporter spell.  Is Emmett back from the closet with the supplies?” Claudia questioned.