Battle On The Field

A.N. Sorry I haven't posted a new chapter in a long time....I've had a bit of writer's block and haven't been able to get to a computer with internet.

But here it is!!  ENJOY!

<3 Stacey

Claudia knelt beside Jessica and heaved her to her knees. “Jessie! Shut up! Snap out of it!” Claudia shouted as she slapped Jessica across the face.

            “Ouch Claudia, what was that for?” Jessica asked.

            “You needed to relax. Erik is not going to die! The boys are going to rescue him and end this. Remember that we are doing this for Jasper. All of this is for Jasper.”

            “Bu-but…” Jessica hiccupped.

            “Jessica I need you to take some deep breaths and calm down. I’ll make you a deal. Let us go out first and make sure it’s safe. Then Quil will call to Seth and have you three come out to the football field. I just realized we will need all the power we can get if we are going to defeat Amber. Does that sound alright with you?” Edward intervened.

            Jessica nodded her head as she took shuddering breaths and wiped the tears from her face. “That sounds fine. I’m sorry I’m so emotional today. I feel so stupid for crying like that.”

            “It’s fine Jess. I think most of us are used to your constant crying these days.” Emmett laughed.

            “Oh shut up Emmett!” Jessica said as she slapped Emmett playfully. “You guys get going before Amber leaves. Go!”

            Jessica watched as Edward, Emmett, Jacob and Quil walked out the door. Seth, still in his wolf form, sat beside Jessica. He nudged her arm with his head and she settled her arms around his neck.

            “Do you think they’ll be okay Seth?” Jessica asked.

            He whined in response and slumped down on the floor. Claudia stood on the other side of Seth and stroked his fur.

            “I really hope that means yes.” Claudia responded. “Hey Jess, I need to get something out of my locker. Can you and Seth come with me?”

            “Yeah let’s go Seth.” Jessica replied. Seth lurched to his feet and meandered after them.

            Claudia fiddled with the lock until it clicked open. She struggled to reach the top shelf of her locker her arms stretched high above her head. Jessica took her time walking to Claudia’s locker, Seth glued to her side.

            “Claudia did you find what you were-” Jessica stopped suddenly. Her mouth hung open in shock. “What is that?” She questioned.

            “What is what?” Claudia responded. It was a few seconds before Claudia realized her shirt had ridden up and her stomach was exposed. She quickly dropped her arms and pulled down her shirt.

            “What…is…that?!” Jessica asked again. Her hands shook as she tried to reign in her anger.

            “Surprise Jess…I’m pregnant.” Claudia announced with a shrug.

            Jessica’s mouth hung open in shock. She quickly regained her composure. She ran up to Claudia and hugged her.

            “Oh gosh Claudia! Congratulations! Who’s the father? Is it Zach?” Jessica rattled off, overcome with joy.