The Rescue

"Jasper, I....I can't leave you here. I'll carry you if I have to, but you aren't dying out here. Let's go." Jessica stated, getting to her feet. She reached down, grabbed Jasper's hand and lifted him to his feet. She placed her arm around his waist and put his arm across her shoulders.

            "It's going to be okay. We'll get them back...we have to get them back." Jessica muttered as the two of them slowly made their way into the hotel.

            "Can you try and contact Edward?" Jessica asked. They stood outside the banquet hall, Jessica's chest heaving with the effort of holding Jasper up.

            "Yeah, I can try." Jasper replied. He closed his eyes and took a steadying breath.

            "Edward?" Jasper called out waveringly, "Edward, are you out there? It's Jasper, I'm with Jessica. Are you there?"

            "Jasper, is that really you? What the hell are you doing here?!" Edward responded.

            "Jessie and I are here to save you guys. Is Amber in there?"

            "No, Amber tied us up and then left us here. She told us that she had "things" to do. Hurry up and get in here!"

            "Well? Are they in there?" Jessica wondered. She watched Jasper closely, and knew that there wasn't much time left. He was fading fast, and Jessica wanted to get him home as quickly as possible. Without waiting to know for sure what she was getting herself into, Jessica kicked open the door and hurried inside.

            Edward lifted his head toward the sound of the door opening forcefully.

            "Jessie, you came!" He shouted in relief.

            "Of course I came. I love you Edward, I would do anything for you." Jessica replied as she and Jasper made their way toward the group. They had been tied to chairs in a circle in the center of the room. Jessica reluctantly released Jasper's hand and began to pull at the ropes encircling Claudia, who was passed out.

            "Is Claudia okay?" Jessica pondered.

            "Yeah, she's fine. She passed out from exhaustion about a half hour ago. Let's just get out of here." Jacob replied. In a matter of minutes, everyone was free, and they were all piling in to Jessica's car.

            "Let us hurry and get away from this wretched place." Edward remarked. Jessica sped away from the hotel and waited until it was out of sight before speaking.

            "Tell me how someone like Amber can overpower three vampires, a werewolf and Claudia?" Jessica asked, peering at Edward in her peripheral.

            "I don't know, I honestly don't know how she did it, but she did." He replied. Jessica didn't press the topic. She knew that Edward did not want to talk about it, that he wanted only to focus on the task at hand.

            "Are you guys alright though? She didn't hurt you, did she?" Jessica questioned as she pulled into the driveway.

            "Yes, we are fine, she did not harm us." Erik replied, opening the car door. He held it open while Jacob pulled a sleeping Claudia out of the car. They ambled into the house, and all collapsed on the floor of the living room. Jessica dissolved into laughter as she lay next to Edward.

            "What is so funny?" Jacob asked, joining in. Jessica was too far gone to answer and soon the room was filled with the sound of laughter.

            "What is all of this noise? Can't a girl get a little sleep around here?" Claudia questioned, pissed off slightly.

            "Sorry Claudia, we didn't think it would get so out of hand. You're at home now, so you can go back to bed." Jessica replied, pulling herself closer to Edward.

            "Thanks you two, you really saved us back there. Goodnight."

            "Actually, I need to talk to you for a minute. I'll meet you upstairs."

            "Okay?"

            Claudia stood up from the floor and sleepily sauntered up the stairs. Jessica waited until she heard Claudia's door close before getting to her feet. She moved up the stairs and walked into Claudia's room. Claudia was sitting on her bed, looking out the window.

            "What did you need to talk to me about?"

            "I've noticed the way you and Jacob act around each other. Claudia, you need to focus on why we are here! They are here to get Zach back from Amber!"

            "What if I don't want Zach anymore? What if I just want to be with Jacob?"

            Jessica heaved a sigh, and sat down next to Claudia.

            "You don't know what you're saying. Once we get Zach back home and Amber is...dealt with, Jacob and the guys will leave and you two will never see each other again."

            "Then what about you and Edward? What are you going to tell him?" Claudia asked.

            "I will still be able to see Edward. Claudia, you weren't even supposed to know Jacob existed."

            "What the hell is your problem Jessica?!" Claudia asked furiously, standing up from the bed. "You get to see your boyfriend but I don't get to ever see Jacob again?! Why in the hell did you even introduce him to me if this was how it ends?!"

            "I'm sorry Claudia, but this is the way it has to be." Jessica replied, watching Claudia carefully.

            "Thanks Jessica. I actually thought you were my friend." Claudia shouted, storming from the room. Jessica ran after her, stopping in the living room.

            "Where did the boys go?" Jessica asked Jacob, who lounged on the couch.

            "They took Jasper out to feed." Jacob replied with a shudder of disgust.

            "Jessica, where is Claudia going?" Jacob voiced with concern after the back door slammed shut. "What did you say to her?"

            "I just told her the truth. That once we rescue Zach, she won't be able to see you anymore."

            "Why would you say something like that to her? You know how much I care about her."

            Jessica walked up to Jacob, and placed a hand on his waist.

            "I told her the truth, so I could get her away from you. I want you all to myself." Jessica whispered seductively, leaning in close to Jacob.

            "What's going on? Why is Jessica coming on to me? I have to get away; I need to get to Claudia." Jacob thought to himself as he tried to get to the door. Jessica stepped in front of him, blocking his path. She put her arms around his neck and, pulling his face down to hers, kissed him.

            A gasp from the back door pulled Jessica away from Jacob. Claudia stood in the doorway, her eyes shimmering with tears as she stared at her best friend and her boyfriend. A tear slid down her cheek.

            "Claudia..." Jacob began.

            "How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me, Jacob." Claudia whispered. She turned and ran from the house, tears streaming down her face.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Could it be?? Did Jacob just betray Claudia? Stay tuned to find out more!

-Stacey <3