The Battle Continues

Sorry about that last chapter, I noticed it ended kinda weird. Apparently my computer decided not to copy it all to my flash drive.

So here is the rest of the chapter!!!

Enjoy!

-Stacey

Claudia quickly struck back with a flame bolt of her own that Amber easily dodged.

            Claudia fired off three quick bolts. As Claudia began another assault, a male’s voice rang out in the air.

            “Stop please you don’t have to do this!” Zach walked out from the shadows of the stands. Claudia’s hands dropped as she gasped in shock. She hadn’t seen Zach in almost a month…and she didn’t feel a thing. She no longer felt the love for him that she used to. Her heart now yearned for Jacob Black.

            “Zach?” Claudia whispered. “You’re alive.”

            Zach walked to Amber and stood at her side. “Yes Claudia, I’m alive. It doesn’t have to end like this. Someone is going to die tonight if you keep fighting like this.”

            “I’m sorry Zach, but I have to do this.” Claudia shot three more bolts, temporarily disorienting Amber. Claudia pulled together one final, lethal bolt and shot it at Amber.

            There was a flash of light and a scream. When the spots cleared from Claudia’s eyes, she saw Amber on her knees holding a dead Zach in her arms. Tears flowed freely down her face and her shoulders shook as she clutched Zach tightly to her.

            “No Zach. Why did you jump in front of me?! I love you Zach! Come back please.” Amber whispered.

            Claudia dropped her hands and strode to Amber.

            Amber looked up at Claudia. “If you’re going to kill me, you might as well do it now. I have nothing left to live for.”

            Instead, Claudia bent to her knees in the grass.

            “You really loved Zach, didn’t you?” She wondered.

            “Yes, I did. After that first night when I had you arrested, Zach woke up something inside me that I had hidden away a long time ago. He made me feel like a real person; like someone who mattered. He died protecting me today, just like he always promised he would.” Amber stole a glance at Jacob. “No one else has to die tonight. I can reverse what the dark magic has done to Jacob and join him and his wolf again. But I’ll need your help to do it.”

            “What will that do? How can I help?” Claudia questioned.

            “The life that you and Jacob have created is a source of pure, untouched magic. You’ve always had pure magic inside you Claudia, and the baby has given you full access to that magic. You are more powerful now than you have ever been; more powerful than me. But we need to hurry if we’re going to save Jacob.”

            “Okay I’m in.” Claudia replied.

            Amber set Zach’s body down and stood up. She and Claudia walked swiftly to Jacob and knelt in the grass.

            “What do we do?”

            Amber placed her left hand flat on the wolf. “Place your right hand flat on Jacob’s side. Make sure you have full contact and that whatever happens, you do not move your hand unless I tell you to.”