Amber's Control

Claudia jerked awake, a film of sweat on her face.

            "It was Amber! She attacked me!"

            "What do you mean, Amber attacked you?! Where is she?! Come out and face me!!" Edward bellowed.

            Claudia cowered into Jacob's side, shielding her face.

            "She's not in here. She attacked me in my dream."

            "You had a bad dream? That's it?" Jacob questioned gently.

            "No, it was real. She came into my dream and told me 'Just five more days'. Then she attacked me...and left this." Claudia remarked and she held out her arm.

            Blood ran down her arm from gashes on her arm and shoulder. Edward fought to keep himself under control as the scent of Claudia's blood bombarded him.

            "I...I have to leave." Edward muttered as he ran from the room, slamming the door forcefully behind him.

            The air in the hall did little to diffuse the overwhelming potency of Claudia's blood, nor the door between them. Edward rushed to a nearby window and threw it open. Sticking his head out, he gulped deep breaths of fresh air, trying to shake away the memory of Claudia's blood.

            "Edward! Edward!" Jessica called as she ran from her room.

            Edward turned to face her. His eyes grew wide as he took in her appearance. Blood covered her hands and spilled out from a large gouge in her neck.

            "What happened?" Edward voiced sternly.

            He took Jessica in his arms and held her to him, blood staining his clothes.

            "I...I...don't know! Claudia's screaming woke me up. I went to go check on her, but I heard you and Jacob talking to her, so I decided to go back to bed. I rubbed my neck to work out the kinks, and when I pulled my hand back...it was covered in blood. I ran to the bathroom to see what was bleeding, and that’s when I saw my neck. I'm scared Edward." Jessica replied faintly.

            "Jacob! Bring Claudia downstairs!" Edward shouted to the closed door behind him as he put his arm around Jessica's shoulders and ushered her down the stairs.

            "What's up Edward?" Emmett called from the living room.

            "Get towels. They're in the linen closet next to the back door." Jessica replied, her voice unwavering.

            Jessica glanced behind her when she heard Claudia's door open. She suppressed a gasp as Jacob exited Claudia's room, a pale Claudia in his arms.

            "Claudia!" Jessica panicked as she tried to turn back.

            "It's alright Jessica, Jacob's got her. She'll be fine, both of you will." Edward reassured.

            Edward sat down on the loveseat, setting Jessica next to him. Jacob sat on a chair with Claudia still in his arms. Jessica broke down in tears that she'd been fighting back. Emmett arrived with towels loaded in his arms, dropping them at the first sight of the two girls.

            "Whoa. What happened?" Emmett stuttered as he gathered up the towels and brought them to the girls.

            "Amber attacked them, through their dreams. All she said was 'Just five more days'." Jacob replied.