A Trip To The Past

Before I start this next chapter, I just have to announce that I HAVE MY FIRST FAN!! This is awesome!!!

now that's out of the way....here's a journey into Jessica's past

It was back when Jessica and her family lived in Aberdeen. They lived in a quaint two-story house on the outskirts of town with only one neighbor, the Cullens. Jessica was 15 when she first met Alice at the mall. They quickly became good friends, and Alice insisted that Jessica met the rest of her family. To say that Jessica was nervous was an understatement. She had watched the Cullens from afar, in awe of their perfect pale skin and beautiful amber eyes. The way they held themselves with poise, though they always seemed out of place wherever they were, except in the privacy of their home.

            “Come on Jessica!” Alice said with a smile on her face. “My mom can’t wait to meet you.” She dragged Jessica easily up the front stairs and stood before the door.

            “Alice, do I have to do this? What if they don’t like me?” Jessica asked with worry.

            “Jessica, they will absolutely one hundred percent adore you. Believe me.” Alice replied happily. Alice opened the door and pushed Jessica through. She closed the door with a slam and skipped to the staircase.

            “Esme, I’m home!” Alice called up the stairs.

            “Alice, is that you?” A male voice asked from the living room. Jessica raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

            “Who is that?” Jessica whispered.

            “Yeah Jasper, it’s me.” Alice replied, stifling a laugh. There was the sound of someone getting to their feet and walking toward them. A tall, blonde boy walked from the living room. He was about 17 years old Jessica thought, smiling politely. Jasper looked at Jessica with wide eyes.

            “Hello.” He said quietly, reserved.

            “Hi. I’m Jessica, my family just moved in down the street.”

            “Oh right, I remember seeing you at school.” Jasper smiled.

            Alice led them into the living room and sat down.

            “Is Esme home?” Alice pondered.

            “Yeah, she’s outside with Edward and Emmett, they’re moving some of Emmett’s machinery.” He replied. Alice stood from the couch and skipped to the backyard. She returned moments later with two guys and a small woman in tow. The guys were both tall, one more muscular than the other. The smaller one had bronze hair that shined in the light. The other had jet black hair cut short. The woman wore her hair shoulder length and bronze like the first.

            “Hello, who is this?” The woman asked as she walked toward Jessica and Jasper.

            “Esme this is Jessica, she and her family just moved in down the road.” Alice replied.

            “Hello Jessica, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Esme, this is Edward and Emmett.” Esme replied, wiping grease from her hands with a rag. “My husband Carlisle is at work and my other daughter Rosalie is in town.”

            “Wow, you have such a big family. It’s just me and my mom at home.” Jessica replied.

            Jessica and the Cullens talked for hours, discussing school and sharing stories about themselves. Jessica soon saw Esme and Carlisle as her second parents.