Chapter 13 : Slytherin vs Gryffindor

CHARLOTTE stared at the floor of the Quidditch changing room, as Elliot gave them a pep-talk. She felt a warm hand on her arm and glanced at her friend Leah, a mischievous but nervous expression on her face. 

It was the first game between Gryffindor and Slytherin. 

It was Slytherin's first game of the year and it was against their biggest rival. As far as Charlotte was concerned, it was time to beat her brother into a little bloody pulp. She hasn't spoken to him since their last argument, even though he tried everything to get her to react to him.

Owling, messages through her friends, getting their parents to owl her, anything to get some sort of communication from her but she steadily ignored him.

"You're going to be fine. No need to be nervous." Leah said, her smile was a little condescending, thinking that Charlotte was nervous.

"Oh, I'm not nervous. I am ready for that git." The anger made Leah smirk.

It was the first time she could get him to feel the pain she felt at his betrayal.

Their team stood up, the determination and trade-mark of Slytherin, haughtiness, on their faces. They filed out of the room, the muffled cheering intensifying. They were met with mixed cheering, mostly boos but fierce and loud cheers from their green and silver clad housemates. They were positioned in order of their positions, so Charlotte was at the end as the seeker. The sun was bright in their faces, the wind cold and icy, emphasizing the fact that it was in November.

A huge cheer rung out, the roars from the Gryffindor stand echoing in the grounds, making Charlotte look to the other side of the pitch. The opposing team walked out, Charlie leading the pack. His red hair glinted in the sun, his face obscured by the sun in her eyes.

Her brother was around the middle, and she could feel his gaze on her. She ignored him, her nose in the air. It was time for her to show no mercy.

"Team's line up, and shake hands." Madam Hooch's voice wasn't loud enough to overcome the crowds noise.

Charlotte faced Oliver Wood who shook her hand, a nervous expression running on his face. She smirked at him and he ignored her smirk, obviously trying not to freak himself out. Since Charlie was the Captain, he had to be up front to greet Elliot. Charlotte glanced at her brother and smirked at him, her malicious intentions glinting in her eyes. He grimaced and broke eye contact with his sister

Jayden knew he was going to hurt in this game.

"No fighting, no wands, no magic and play fair! Players, on your brooms if you please." 

Madam Hooch gestured to their brooms, walking towards the chest that was lurching around on the floor. With a swish of her wand, their game began and the two teams pushed off.

Charlotte's eyes were only on her brother, her peripheral vision looking out for any glint of the Golden Snitch. He was battling it out with Leah and Adrian Pucey. Adrian was younger than the twins but he had a ferocious determination to win. Out of all her teammates, he seemed to be the most noble, not wanting to intentionally hurt anyone or commit a foul. 

She could see Marcus Flint chasing after Kane, a malicious smirk on his face and Kane had a savage expression on his face. Jayden had the quaffle in his hands, but her teammates were trying to take the strongest players out.

Elliot and Lucinda, the beaters were constantly aiming for the Gryffindor keepers. Charlotte smirked when a bludger hit her brothers broom, swinging him to the side with a silent groan from him.

"First 10 for Gryffindor, by Freya Huddle, Miss Dynamite!"

The cheer was deafening and Charlotte couldn't help but be impressed by Hunter's unbiased attitude, since he was in Slytherin. Freya sped around the pitch, the crowd raising into a version of a Mexican wave. Until it hit Slytherin who were booing at her and were seated. She was grinning at them and Charlotte could see a few wands waving threateningly.