Chapter 3 : The Weasleys

CHARLOTTE started jogging towards the bank, as she realized it was almost three when they exited the store. She did not want to make her parents angry.

The twins had levitated their supplies, using their hands, of course. Getting a wand was not going to change their ability to do wandless magic or stop them. A few people sprung out of the way, as the alley was still very busy. They heard a few grumbles of annoyance but ignored it. They could have apparated, but because it was such a new skill for the twins, they choose to do the old fashion thing.

"Come on J, you know mum never waits for us!"She gasped out, as she looked back at her brother and he nodded, not saying anything as they jogged. 

She turned back to the front but slammed down onto the cobblestones, her supplies dropping behind her with a bang!

"Ow!" She rubbed her nose and looked up. 

It had felt like she had ran straight into a hard, fleshy wall, just like earlier in the wand shop.

"Oh man, that, that was hilarious!" Jayden laughed at his sister, as he panted leaning over. 

He stood up and grabbed the fleshy walls hand to shake it enthusiastically. It was a boy, who looked to be about 5"11 almost 6". Jayden was taller, although not as stocky and wide as the wall. He had a shock of red hair and his cobalt, blue eyes were kind. He was surrounded by two other boys, one that looked a little younger and the other one looked really cocky. 

Jayden shook his hand enthusiastically and grinned at Charlotte.

"You did me a great favour there, now I can claim victory for once." 

She growled at Jayden's words, rolling her eyes at him. They laughed at his words, making her heckles rise. She hated being mocked.

"Sorry about that, I didn't see you coming." The redhead held out his hand to help her up, a small, kind smile on his face.

She raised her eyebrow and stood up on her own. She rubbed the dirt off the back of her jeans and levitated her things again with a hand gesture. He dropped his hands, a look of irritation on his face. 

There was wonder too, as the two stared at each other. She had dark, golden brown eyes, with a fire to them he was instantly attracted to. Her coffee coloured hair, was up in a swinging ponytail and she was pretty tall. Not as tall as her brother though. 

He had never seen these two before.

"A picture last longer." She bit out, anger permeating her words.

The boys laughed at her words but shock and then anger flitted across the boy's face. He wanted to reply but she was already walking away.

"Going to mum." She yelled at Jayden, not caring about the looks being thrown at her back.

"Sorry guys, my sister can be difficult. She is actually well nice, once you get past her bitchy exterior." Jayden laughed, as Charlotte walked out of earshot. 

The redhead glanced back at the girl.

"My name is Jayden Jet." The twin introduced himself.

"I'm Charlie Weasley, this is Oliver Wood and this is Kane Duncan." 

Charlie gestured to each of them in order. They all pumped hands but before they could continue their conversations, Jayden heard his name being shouted.

"Oh shit, cheers guys. My mum really doesn't wait for anyone." 

The boys nodded and he grinned at them, shaking their hands again. He then ran over to his family, his things floating after him. Charlie stared at the strange family, wondering who the hell they were as the lingering smell of gardenias filled his nose.

" You two will enjoy Hogwarts so much, it's where you will become a functioning adult." Linda smiled at the twins, two days later.

Charlotte smiled thinly, and Jayden smiled a little more enthusiastically.

"Have fun in Ravenclaw." Linda winked at her daughter, secretly glad her intelligent daughter will be gone for the year.

"We went over this, they will both be in Gryffindor." Jon said to Linda, patting the twins on their shoulders.

They said goodbye and their parents left the platform. They watched the two disappear through the magical wall and a big sigh of relief swept through Charlotte.

"And so a new year begins, sis." Jayden said, sounding a little distracted.

She glanced at him and he was looking around the platform, his eyes drawn to the many girls around them. She rolled her eyes, as she noticed all the girls glancing at him and giggling. Charlotte came up behind him and rested her head on his shoulder, eyeing some little girls who ran away giggling as they noticed her dirty look.

"Really little brother, are we trawling for girls again? Didn't you learn your lesson with Evita?" He pushed her off and away from him but smirked at her.

"Just because they notice me more than you."

"Of course, the last time I checked, I didn't want the female species to look at me like I was a piece of meat." He laughed at her drole comment and she chuckled a little. 

They weren't just being noticed by girls though, but by every student on the platform.

"Good one. Hey! Look it's Charlie." He pointed out a group of red heads in the mass of people around the bright and loud platform. 

She looked and there was the boy from the alley, surrounded by many more redheads varying in length and size. He wasn't the tallest out of the bunch but he was the stockiest.

"His name is Charlie. How very English." Her sarcasm made her twin roll his eyes. 

He couldn't understand the way she saw people, it was so different to the way he saw the world around him.

"Oh, they have twins in their family too." He commented, pointing out the two younger redheads who were causing trouble around the big, warm family.

By this time, the platform had started becoming more frantic and commotion filled, as it came closer to departure time. They glanced around, as the families in front of the twins opened up to allow a figure to walk through.

"Is that Professor Dumbledore?" Whispers flitted around the platform. Glances were being thrown to the old man with the long white beard. Some students greeted the professor and they were met with a twinkling smile. Charlotte nudged her brother who grinned at her.

"Looks like our ride is here." She smirked at him and greeted the old, wise looking man.