five

books are like mirrors; if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out. ❞ - J.K. Rowling.

In my dreams – five

When Harry wakes up the next morning, Louis is still there. He heaves a deep breath in relief and strokes Louis’ hair. The older boy (actually, he should say man but he doesn’t really like that word) is breathing softly and his eyelashes flutter against his cheekbones. He looks so beautiful, it actually takes Harry’s breath away. Which is kind of not true because he holds his breath unconsciously, scared to wake his boyfriend but it sounds a lot less romantic so he’d go for ‘taking his breath away’ if he were to write it down.

Which he definitely will. When Louis isn’t sleeping on his chest anymore.

Time passes surprisingly quickly when he’s looking at Louis sleeping peacefully, Harry notices. He’s been looking at his sleeping boyfriend for over thirty minutes. It could be considered creepy, he muses, but he’s quite sure Louis doesn’t mind. He created him after all.

Harry still can’t get over how creepy it sounds that he created Louis. It’s like he’s some sort of Dark Lord who’s created Horcruxes to keep pieces of his soul in so he’s immortal. And yeah, that was a Harry Potter reference – sue him, Harry loves those books. But the point is it’s not all creepy like that.

Of course it is creepy his fictional character Louis is right here, living and breathing and with a beating heart, but Harry sees it more as a chance. A chance he’s going to take with both hands.

“How long’ve you been staring at me?” Louis whispers groggily, voice heavy and rough with sleep.

“Just a few minutes”, Harry answers softly, stroking his hair and admiring the way Louis’ eyelashes flutter as he tries to open his eyes.

“What time is it?”

“Almost nine”, Harry says and Louis groans.

“Too early.” He closes his eyes and buries his face in Harry’s chest, trying to hide from the morning sun peeking into the room through the curtains.

“D’you want me to make breakfast while you wake up?”

“Why couldn’t you have made me a morning person?” Louis complains but there’s a hint of a sleepy smile on his face.

“Because I like it when you’re all grumpy and sleepy”, Harry whispers in his ear and he untangles Louis’ arm from his waist and gets up.

“Stay with me”, Louis whines and he tries to get Harry back in bed but his arm just flails around uselessly instead of actually grabbing something.

“I’m making waffles.”

“Really?” Louis turns over and shields his eyes from the morning sun with his arm. He looks adorable.

Harry nods. “You like waffles, right?”

“Well, you created me so you should know”, Louis smiles and Harry notices he’s more awake now.

He waves a hand and says “It’s not nice to always know what’s going to happen.”

“Don’t be such a poet. Make me waffles”, Louis yawns and Harry nearly coos at him. “I know you’re about to say how cute I am. Don’t”, he warns and Harry shuts his mouth and pretends to zip it.

After breakfast, they take a shower together and Harry manages to concentrate long enough to actually wash his hair before Louis distracts him and well. Let’s just say he drew a good pair of lips on Louis.