six

time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted. ❞ -John Lennon.

In my dreams – six

“I think you should go on a date”, Ashton says the second Harry picks up the phone early in the morning.

“Good morning to you too, Ashton”, Harry groans, rubbing his eyes. Louis is lying on top of him, spread out like an octopus and arms wrapped around him. He’s snoring lightly into Harry’s chest.

“Yeah, yeah, good morning and all that crap. You should go on a date.”

“With who?”

Ashton snorts. “Christ mate, are you always this stupid in the morning? With Louis of course, you idiot.”

“That’s too much insults in the morning”, Harry says, slightly offended.

“I know. Look, I know this guy and he works at this very chic restaurant in town. Maybe he’ll be able to get the two of you a table tonight? I should call him.”

“Okay, wow, hang on there for a second, Ashton. Why are you so keen on sending the two of us on a date?”

There’s a silence before Ashton answers. “Because I haven’t seen you this happy in years. Actually, I’ve never seen you this happy and smiling this much”, Ashton says softly and Harry can hear it clearly means a lot to him.

“You’re such a sap”, he chuckles affectionately.

“I just like seeing you happy”, Ashton defends himself, “but can I please set up the date? I’ll even dog-sit Amber when you guys are out.”

“Fine, Ash, go ahead. Feel free. Nothing too crazy though.”

“Nothing too crazy”, Ashton promises. “I’ll call you later with instructions.”

“Alright Ash. Bye.”

“Sleep some more, I’ve got planning to do! Bye!” And a click sounds, followed by a beep.

“Who was that?” Louis groans and Harry really, really loves his morning voice.

“Just Ashton. Go back to sleep, baby.”

“Why the fuck did he call at-” he checks the time, “seven in the bloody morning?”

“He’s sending us on a date later today. Go back to sleep, love. It’s too early.”

“Too early indeed”, Louis groans and he buries his face in Harry’s chest again, closing his eyes. Not even five minutes later, he’s snoring peacefully again. Harry has more trouble falling asleep. Does Louis really make him that happy? So happy that even Ashton notices?

Of course Louis makes Harry happy, but it must be really obvious in order for Ashton to notice.

He wonders what the Australian boy meant by ‘a chic restaurant’. The only chic restaurant in town is the expensive Italian one, which is booked full until next year June (Harry tried getting a table last month to repay Ashton for always doing his grocery shopping). Besides, he doesn’t think Ashton actually knows the owners well enough to get them a table on such short notice.

So he closes his eyes and lets himself drift off to sleep again.

-

The second time he wakes up, it’s because his phone is ringing, again. “What?” he groans when he answers the call.

“Wake up sunshine”, Ashton yells in his ear and Harry nearly throws his phone out the window. “Anyways, I got the two of you a table at the Italian restaurant in town. I did have to bribe the owners’ son by going on a date with him but that’s not too bad. He’s kind of cute.” He does his giggle laugh and Harry thinks, really thinks it’s too early to have Ashton be this happy and ugh.