Lashton date [extra update]

People are a thousand times more beautiful when they're smiling. Smile, dammit! You look good! ❞ -Evanna Lynch

This is the Lashton date. It's not really relevant for the story but it's just for the people who wanted me to write this (also I should not deny that I just love Lashton. Oopsies). Next update is a regular Larry chapter - do not fret.

In my dreams – Lashton date [extra update]

Ashton has no idea why he’s so nervous. He’s Ashton Irwin, dammit. He’s never nervous. He’s not even supposed to be nervous. It’s just a dumb date with a dumb boy who just so happens to be cute. Whatever, the date was to arrange something for a dear friend (Harry). Said friend would’ve done the same, he tells himself. Although he’s not so sure, now that Harry’s very much in love with Louis.

But you like Luke, a little voice whispers in the back of his head and he swats at the voice. Which- yeah. He must look like an idiot right now.

“Ash, what are you even doing?” Niall asks, eyebrows raised and a crisp halfway to his mouth.

“Nothing, nothing”, Ashton mumbles and Niall smirks smugly.

“You’re nervous.” It’s not even a question. It’s more of a statement, really.

“No, I’m not.” His answer is too quick and it sounds insincere, Ashton knows that. He also knows it only confirms whatever Niall’s thinking right now.

“I knew it”, Niall says smugly and Ashton is about to either smack Niall or himself. He’s not quite sure who. Maybe he’ll just smack both. “What’re you nervous for? It can’t be your date tonight. You’re absolutely gone for that bloke.”

“I’m not gone for anyone”, Ashton says flatly and Niall snorts.

“’Course you aren’t. I just imagine seeing fondness in your eyes whenever you talk about him, which, by the way, you seem to do a hell of a lot lately.”

“I hate you.”

“Love you too, Ash.”

“I should go.”

“Yes, you should. Can’t have loverboy waiting, right?” Yes, this is why he rather never told Niall about stuff like this. Harry was much more understanding. So he flips Niall off but all the Irish boy does is laugh. Ugh. “Enjoy your date!” Niall calls when Ashton leaves their apartment and no, he does not slam the door just a little harder because he’s mad. Definitely not.

“Deep breaths”, he mumbles to himself and to blow off steam, he takes the stairs instead of the lift. He passes a young couple on the way down and they kind of look at him as if he’s crazy. Which- yeah. He might be going crazy. “It’s just a fucking date”, he grumbles. “Great time to have an existential crisis, Irwin, really.”

“Are you okay, deary?” an old lady asks concerned and Ashton attempts a smile but it must look more like a grimace because she looks scared now.

Once he’s out of the building, he calls Harry in a panic. “Harry, what if I screw up this date?!”

“Ash, calm the fuck down. You won’t screw it up.” And after a short silence of Ashton breathing deeply, Harry says “You like him, don’t you?”

“I think I do”, Ashton whispers.

“Well, that’s great!” Harry sounds a lot more enthusiastic than Ashton feels right now. “Just go there, be a gentleman and have fun. He seemed nice.”

“Okay”, Ashton says. “I can do this. Thanks mate.”

“No problem. Let me know how it goes, yeah?” And he hangs up. So Ashton gets in his car and drives off. His hands are shaking and he feels a little nauseous but he’s alright.