eighteen

when the lights turned down, they don't know what they heard. strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world. we'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky. 'cause we got the fire, fire, fire, yeah we got the fire, fire, fire. and we're gonna let it burn. ❞ - Ellie Goulding (Burn)

 In my dreams – eighteen

“Harry, would you please tell me what the surprise is?” Louis pouts in the hope of getting Harry to reveal what the surprise is. It doesn’t work.

Harry merely laughs and pats his cheek. “I’m not telling you, babe. That’s the whole point of a surprise. But I hope you’ll like it.”

“As long as you haven’t planned an excessive way to dump me, I’ll like it. I think. Why can’t you just tell me?!”

“Patience is a virtue”, Harry winks. “You’ll find out. Go take a shower, babe.”

“Are you saying I stink?” Louis pretends to be offended but he knows he’s in need of a shower. “Okay, fine, I’ll take a shower. Will you join me?”

Harry shakes his head regretfully. “Not today, love. I’ve got things to do. I’m sorry.”

Louis sticks his tongue out at him and skips into the bathroom, knowing Harry’s staring at his bare arse. “You’re missing out!” he calls from the bathroom and Harry chuckles.

“I know!” he calls back. “But I’ll make it up to you.” He struggles to get his jeans and jumper on before he lays out Louis’ outfit for the day (one of Harry’s jumpers and a pair of black jeans). How very coupley of me, he thinks before writing some notes and putting the first on Louis’ bedside table. As soon as he hears the shower running and Louis singing a Fall Out Boy song, he lays out the notes and leaves the apartment.

When Louis gets out of the shower, he calls Harry. “Haz, can you get me a towel?” No response. Louis sighs and wraps his arms around himself before sneaking into the bedroom and quickly grabbing a clean towel from the closet. “Cold, cold, cold”, he mumbles, pattering back into the bathroom and drying off swiftly before putting on the outfit Harry laid out for him with a smile on his face.

When he gets back to the bedroom to find his hairbrush, he sees a note on his bedside table. He frowns. Strange. He doesn’t remember leaving a note for himself earlier that week. He wrecks his brain before deciding the note definitely isn’t his. If it wasn’t for the fact he’s curious like a five-year-old, he wouldn’t even have read the note. You know, privacy and all that. But Louis is never been one for privacy so he picks up the note and reads it. Strangely enough, it’s addressed to him.

Hi babe! Enjoyed your shower? I hope so. Part of the surprise will be a scavenger hunt! Louis is fairly sure Harry is actually six years old. I’ve laid out notes with directions for you to follow. First task: eat lunch. You’ll find a next note in the kitchen. Love you xxx. Harry has signed his name with a smiley face behind it and Louis can’t help but smile fondly. His boyfriend is such an idiot.

He puts down the note and greets Amber who comes running at him happily. “Hi cutie! You’re a good dog, aren’t you?” Amber barks approvingly and runs ahead of him to the kitchen. Louis eats his lunch while reading the next note. Good! You’ve found the second note! Call Niall and have him tell you where to go next. Enjoy your lunch babe xxx.

Louis finishes his lunch rather quickly before dialling Niall’s number.

“Hey Lou, why you calling?”