nine

❝ torn in two, and I know I shouldn't tell you but I just can't stop thinking of you. ❞ -5 Seconds of Summer [wherever you are]

 In my dreams – nine

“Louis, where are you?” Silence. Harry feels terrified. What if someone hurt his Louis? “Louis, it’s not funny! Stop hiding! I’m worried about you!”

“Harry”, a voice whispers in his ear but when he turns around, there’s no one.

“Louis, please stop. It’s not funny anymore.”

“Harry”, the same voice repeats and it seems to be drifting away from him. So naturally, he follows it. The voice leads him to a little park he’s never seen before. It looks spooky, in the dark with only the moon illuminating the softly creaking swings. “Harry…” The voice sounds further away now and Harry runs after it.

“Wait! Where’s Louis?!”

“Harry!” It’s not the voice. It’s Louis this time and he sounds as though he’s in pain.

“Louis!” Harry screams. “Louis, where are you?!”

“Harry.” The sound of Louis’ voice gets softer and Harry is panicking now. His Louis is in pain and he can’t find him.

“Louis! Answer me!”

“Over here”, Louis’ voice whispers somewhere nearby. And then, finally, he sees him. He’s on the grass, face down and there’s something sticking out of his back. It gleams in the pale moonlight and Harry realizes it’s a knife.

“Baby, are you alright?” He drops down to his knees next to his boyfriend and strokes his hair.

“I’ve got a knife sticking out my back, what do you expect?” Louis snaps and Harry huffs out a laugh. Typically Louis, being sarcastic even when it’s quite inappropriate.

“We’re gonna get you help, okay babe? We’re gonna get you to a hospital and we’re gonna be fine. I love you so much, baby. Don’t give up.”

“For God’s sake, Harry. We both know I’m not the type of person to give up but I’m really in need of medical attention right now.”

“Right, right. What do I do?”

“Well, you lift me up and take me to a hospital”, Louis says sarcastically.

“There’s a fucking knife sticking out your back and you’re bleeding, how am I supposed to lift you up?” Harry snaps.

He can see Louis rolling his eyes in the moonlight. “Easy, you-” Something hard hits him in the head and everything goes black. The last thing he sees is the terrified look on Louis’ face.

“Lou!” Harry shoots up in bed. Thank God. It’s just a dream. But Louis is nowhere to be seen. “Lou?” Nothing. Just silence and the sound of birds chirping outside. The sun’s shining through his open curtains, into his face. He shields his eyes from the bright morning sun and grabs his phone to check the time. It’s nine. Louis is normally never up before ten but he’s still nowhere to be seen.

Maybe he’s just walking the dog. At nine in the morning? a little voice in the back of his head says but he ignores it. He looks over at Louis’ part of the bed. The pillow is neatly fluffed and in place and the mattress doesn’t look like someone slept on it.

Harry clearly remembers going to sleep with Louis curled into him last night. This keeps getting stranger and stranger.

“Amber! Come here girl!” On any other day, he would have heard Amber’s footsteps pattering towards their bedroom but not today. “Amber!” Nothing. “Lou?” Nothing either.