Chapter 9. THE REAL PROBLEM

(Alexandra's POV)
I wiped my tears away and went up to Carter. He was standing with the other boys arguing, probably about what happened because when I walked near them, they all stopped talking and stared at me.
"Carter, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked in the nicest way possible.
"What about?" He asked firmly.
"About what happened just then. I just wanted to apologize."
Everyone just looked at me with a confused look. Then I saw Cameron walk in, watching us from the living room since we were back in the kitchen.

"I wanted to say sorry for how I and the waitress treated you and your friends. It was a busy day and everyone wasn't really in a good mood. So I ask for your forgiveness, so we can solve all those problems and maybe become friends!"

"Of course!! We're already friends. I'm Nash. This is Jack, Jack, Aaron, that's Taylor over there, and you already know Shawn and Matt." They each waved, smile'd or winked when Nash said their names. I smiled and started introducing myself when Carter cut me off. "THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!" Then he walked away. I was gonna follow him but Cameron stopped me. "Don't worry about him. He just needs some time" Cameron said. I nodded and turned to the guys and started talking, made jokes and laughed.

(Cameron's POV)
"I should probably get going, I have work tomorrow and other stuff I have to do" she announced then gave each of the boys a goodbye hug.

She then was looking  at the window seat where Carter was sitting. She looked at me then she marshes to where carter was sitting.

(Alexandra's POV)
I sat next to him. He looked at me then turned and looked out the window.
"Why don't you like me?" I started the conversation.
"What?"
"Why don't you like me?, why don't you want to become my friend? Even after I apologized. I don't know how to make it up to you. So if there's a certain thing you want me to do, please tell me."

"No, it's not that simple."
"Why?" I replied
"Because what happened at the cafe isn't really the problem."
"Well what's the real problem then?"
"You won't get it"
"TRY ME" I said firmly

"Hey Alex, I will drop you off" Cameron said from behind. I turned around.
"Oh it's fine I got my car."
"I know. But Nash already drove your car home.  Oh and here's the keys."
"How did you get my keys??"
"You left them in your purse with your ID card that had your address on it." Cameron answered

"Fine, just give me five minutes. Please"
"Okay fine. I will be waiting in the car." He said and walked away still watching from a far. Then he actually went outside.

"Sooo...." I asked Carter
"Well the problem is you're boyfriend is waiting in the car. And you're still here talking to me."

"Fine bye." I said with all the anger I had in me and trudged put of the door to Cameron's car.

(Cameron's POV)
She ran to the car open the door and slammed it behind her.
"Wow, are you okay?"
"Yeah, carter is just making it hard for me to make it up to him."She said while putting my seatbelt on.
"Don't worry about him, we'll fix everything" I said.

Then I got a text from Nash.
Nash: did she believe it?
Cam: yeah thanks man
Nash: you owe me for this and for also kind of saving the day when Alex went to apologise to carter.
Cam:oh yeah
Nash: k I have to actually go drop her car off for real now.
Cam: k thanks
Nash: you still owe me
Cam: smh 😂😂