Chapter 14. DOING MY PART OF THE DEAL

{Alexandra arrives at Meena's place}
(Alexandra's POV)
I walk in the house and look at my watch. Oh gosh it's 4:15.
"Hey, it's about time you came." I turned around and found Meena standing at the bottom of the stairs walking towards me, still in her work suit. "I'm really sorry. I didn't take notice of the time." I said trying to show her that I'm actually sorry through my facial expressions.

"Mm.. And what were you doing that was so important that didn't make you take notice of the time exactly?" She asked in a calm voice that just made the chills run down my spine.

"Stuff related to work...and can we not waste anymore time and just start filling in the papers?" I said with a fake smile.

"Fine" she said while rolling her eyes.
"Oh by the way, before I forget. I'm gonna hire another employee." I said

"Okay? Did you have an interview with him?"
"Not yet, but can you do that for me?"
She sighed "where are his or her paper?"

"It's in my email, I'll send it to you."
"Okay, what's his or her name?"
"Jerimie Reynolds" I said hoping she won't recognise the name.
"Are you sure about this?" She fired straight away. Great!
"Why did you fire him in the first place?" I asked
"This doesn't involve you." Wait what? What does she mean it doesn't involve me? She never had said that before. She's been keeping a secret and I need to know what it is.

"What do you mean it doesn't involve me? I thought I was meant to know 'everything about the companies and its employees' " I quoted as she always used to tell me that.

"Yeah, but you can't know everything at once, you will learn it gradually." She said while looking through a pile of papers that were on the dining table.

"But..."
"It's something that you don't need to know, end of story. If you wanna employ him, go ahead. But if he brings you're whole business down then it's not my problem" she threatened.

"Fine" I grabbed my laptop and started filling in craters dad employment papers and other work papers that I needed to do.

I looked at my watch and it was 7 pm already. I packed up my stuff and went to say bye to Meena. "So did you employ him?"
"YES" I fired with a straight face.
She looked at me from the corner of her eye.
"Okay" she said
"Okay bye" I said and opened the front door and got out of there. I ran to the car and threw all my stuff in the back seat.
I went in the drivers seat and opened my laptop. I went through the past employees list of the companies. I searched up Reynolds and here the name 'Jerimie Reynolds' payed there.
I opened his profile, and..
My phone rings scaring the hell out of me. It's Cameron. I answered
"Hey!" I said
"Hi, why didn't you text me?"
I looked at my watch to only find its already 9 o'clock.
"Oh sorry, I was doing work since 5"
"Oh really?"
"Yeah"I shrugged
"Okay so do you want me to pick you up from your place or do want to just meet me at the airport?" He asked
"Oh can you please pick me up? Because I have no one to drop my car off back at home."
"Yeah sure, I will be there at six then.
"Okay, thanks"
"Okay I'll see you tomorrow then."
"Bye"

I hanged up and closed my laptop and drove home.

(Cameron's POV)
Wow, she's not okay. She sounded so tired and..and angry. She just hung up so quickly without even letting me say bye back. I'm gonna ask her tomorrow when she had calmed down a bit. But I can't get it out of my mind.
Ughhh, great now I wouldn't go to sleep cause I know I will be thinking about it.

"Dude, is everything okay?" Nash asked.
"Yeah" I said while shuffling in my bed
Trying to get up.
I then took my suitcase and put it downstairs as an excuse to get out of the room.