Heartache|TomHolland

■■■

I closed the fridge door, not really feeling hungry. I shuffled to the kitchen table in my pajamas. Trying desperately to push down my pain without luck. I felt tears streaming down my face. I jumped at the buzzing table.
I recognized Tom's picture on the screen. I wiped my tears and picked up, clearing my throat before answering.

"Hey." I tired to control my voice.

"Hey, I was wondering if you had an air pump?" He asked.

"Uh yeah. Maybe. I think so." I rubbed my forehead and closed my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I heard his voice fill with concern.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked, fighting to keep my voice even.

"I'll be right over." Tom said through my phone's tiny speaker into my ear.

"No. It's okay. I'm fine." I spoke quickly.

"I can't find my other shoe.." I heard him mumble.

"Tom, you don't need to come over." I said, "I'm fine, really."

"Found it." He said, "Are you hungry?"

"I'm not hungry, Tom." I sighed, "I'd just like to be alone."

"I'm already in the car." He said before hanging up.

I hated people seeing me cry. I hated feeling this way. I hated not being able to turn off this pain.

I got to my feet, unlocking the door and walking to my living room couch.
If I knew Tom, he wasn't gonna turn around and go home just because I told him to.
I pulled my feet up on the couch, laying my head on the arm rest and switched on the tv.

      Sometime after I heard a knock on the door, quickly followed by him turning the knob and letting himself in.

"Hey, I'm here." He announced, I heard the crinkle of a paper bag in the kitchen.

"Hey." I sat up on the couch and saw him walking my way.

"What happened?" He asked, sounding a bit out of breath as he sat down beside me.

"With what?" I asked.

"I can tell you've been crying."

I dropped my gaze to the floor, avoiding his eyes.

"I got dumped." I said to the carpet as I felt Tom's eyes on me.

"What?" He demanded, "When?"
I could have sworn I saw a smirk for a fraction of a second on his face.

"Last night." I looked back to speak to the floor, "He found someone else."

"I never liked that asshole to begin with." He muttered.

"Yeah... Well..." My voice sounded so monotone.

"He's not worth it." Tom continued, "You deserve better. Someone who will treat you with the love and respect you deserve. Someone who won't take you for granted. Someone who knows they can make you happy and who won't make you cry."