Promise|PeterParker

■■■

      I adjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder as I let out a deep breath. I saw my breath in the cold air as I kept an even pace down the dark street.
I walked faster, glancing over my shoulder, unable to shake the feeling I was being followed.

I'm fine. I'm just imagining things. I assured myself as I adjusted the strap of my heavy messenger bag on my shoulder once more.

      There was no warning, the force of a body hit me, the next thing I knew I was being lifted into the air, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist as I scrambled to hang on to him.

"Peter!" I screamed as he shot a second web, I hated the feeling in my stomach as we swung up and down.

I heard his laugh as my feet finally touched the top of a building.

"You know!" I yelled at him, pushing at the dark spider that decorated his suit, forcing him off me as he continued laughing, "You know I hate that!"

He took a few steps forward, taking his mask over his chin, a huge smile on his face as he pulled the mask off completely.

"You sure about that?" He smiled, walking closer as I took the same steps back.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure." I said to him, "I know because I tell you that I hate it every single time you do it."

"I just wanted to see you, that's all." He smiled, knowing I ran out of room to back away from him. He took his last few steps, brushing a strand of hair out of my face, "You know I don't like you out late by yourself."
      I looked from his brown eyes down to the spider on his chest, "You know I don't want you getting hurt." I clenched my jaw and looked back up to meet his eyes.

"You don't have to worry about me, okay?" He slightly leaned his head to the side to meet my eyes as I quickly avoided his. I felt his hands at my hips.

"That's impossible." I looked to my right, trying my best not to get emotional over the same conversation we always had lately.

"I'll be fine. I'm a bit more durable than I used to be." Peter chuckled, "You on the other hand are not. And I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you."

I didn't respond, I felt tears pooling in my eyes I felt his right hand on my chin, forcing me to look up at him, "I'll always come back to you, I promise."

Really really short one today! I'm sorry I haven't written anything. I still have the drafts of requests I've gotten. I still need to look those over. I'll publish them. I just don't know when. Just have patience🙏 lol