X-23|PeterParker

■■■

      My claws chipped away at the wood of the fallen tree.
Again, and again, until he fell to the ground.
He grunted with pain as the branch that penetrated right through his stomach pulled against him.

"Take your friends and run." He said to me as tears streamed down my face. "Run. They'll keep coming and coming. Listen, You don't have to fight anymore." He continued as I whimpered.

"Go, go." He took my bloody hand in his, "Don't be what they made you."
He continued breathing heavily as I watched, never feeling so helpless.

"Laura..." he breathed, "Laura..."

"Daddy." I cried.

"So this is what it feels like." He said, his grip on my hand getting weaker.

"No." I cried as I watched the life leave his eyes, "No!"

■■■

Mutants were no more.
Pushed to the edge of extinction.

■■■
Years later

I took a quick left down a dark alley as I heard their footsteps behind me, unfortunately I came to a quick stop at the brick wall that blocked my way through.
I dropped my belongings on the floor and turned to face them.

"Now, now." A man in combat uniform said to me, "Lets take this calmly, no need for violence."

"Violence is the only thing you people seem to understand." I spat, pushing my claws out through the skin between my knuckles.

I lunged towards him, digging my claws into his chest, warm blood spilt on my hands as I pulled them out and continued to the next one who was firing tranquilizers at me. I smacked them down with my claws before they could reach my skin.

"Kill her!" He ordered. I imagined he spoke through his earpiece, giving nearby soldiers instructions as I slashed straight through his riffle, cutting it in half. Then slashing his throat his blood drenched my hands.

I head more gunshots coming from the roof of the surrounding buildings, suddenly silenced.

More soldiers spilled from the entrance of the alley, their guns ready to shoot me where I stood.

"Woah guys," a tall figure suddenly landed three feet in front of me, "Why don't we all take a step back and think about this?" He glanced over his shoulder to look at me then back at the men.

"Fire!" A soldier up front ordered.

"Yeah didn't think so." I heard the man in red and blue said. I was ready to lunge at the men, but his webbing was faster, they were all bound by one single net.

"Come on, let's go!" He turned to face me, his hand outstretched.

"Who are you?" I said, my claws at my side, ready if he tried anything.

"I was sent here to help." He said, "I'm with the Avengers."

I scanned the alley, looking for a better way out.