SadForever|TomHolland

■■■

Once again, I found myself broken hearted. Once again I decided to trust and give all my love to the wrong man.
I was a complete mess. I looked at myself in the reflection of the mirror in my room, tissues scattered all over the bed. I had forced myself to get up, take a shower and got dressed.

Days went by as I struggled with myself. Avoiding social media any pictures he would post would send me back into my shell full of pain. Yet somehow I couldn't pull myself to block him.

I changed into my pajamas and waddled out of the bathroom in my oversized slippers just to come face to face with an intruder in my dimly lit room.

"No!" Was the only thing that came out of my mouth as they held my shoulders.

"It's me!" He fumbled as I punched randomly into his chest, "y/n, it's me!"

"Tom?" I looked up as I stopped fighting.

"I'm sorry!" He chuckled.

"You're laughing?" I felt my heart still beating fast.

"That's what you would do if someone broke into your house?" He laughed.

"The question here is, What Are You Doing Here?" I hissed as I turned my back on him to turn on the lamp on my nightstand.

"I've got to teach you how to throw a decent punch." He said, scratching his neck.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

He paused for a few seconds as he walked to the bed and plopped himself down, "I came as soon as I heard the news."

"You came all the way from London because you heard I got a new bath mat?" I joked.

"No." He half smiled at my incapacity of seriousness, "I needed to make sure you were doing okay."

I let out a deep breath as I sat next to him on the bed pausing as I thought about what had happened.

"I can't even get the words out without crying" I said trying to hold myself together.

"It's okay to cry." He leaned forward to see my face.

"I'm tired of crying." I said, the last word broke and tears rolled down my face.

"I know you've heard this a million times before, but he doesn't deserve you." He said as he pulled me into his arms.

And he was right, everyone has told me that, and not once had it made me feel better.

"It was bad, Tom." I sobbed, "I broke down, I cried, He saw me at my weakest and he didn't seem to care. All this after telling me so many sweet things, making amazing plans."

"He's an asshole." Tom mumbled into my hair.

"You're a strong girl," Tom kissed my head. "You're going to pick yourself up again and again. As bad as today was, it's over with. You can only move forward. You won't be sad forever."

He leaned to the nightstand with me still in his arm and handed me the box of tissues, I took one and blew my nose loudly.

"That's it... get it all out." He said.

"Gross, Tom." I couldn't help but smile.

"Alright, now lets see that new bath mat I've heard so much about." Tom got up.

"It's in there." I gestured to to the bathroom.

"You've got to give me the full presentation." He took my arm and pulled me up, forcing me to walk to the door.

"Well... there it is." I said as we both stood at the door and looked at the floor.

"Oh very nice." He put a hand on his chin, "really brings out the color in your hand soap."

I looked up at Tom, "god, you're weird."

"You're just as weird as I am." He laughed with me.

■■■
Months later

      I walked out of the theater with my icee in my hand.

"That was so bad!" I laughed.

"Come on." Tom laughed as well as he tossed the empty popcorn tub into the trash, "It wasn't that bad."

"They has an amazing villain with so much potential, and we hardly saw them!" I tossed the what was left of my drink in the trash as well.

"But at least you're enjoying yourself." I pointed out as we walked outside to the car.

"True." I adjusted my bag over my shoulder and smiled, "I finally feel like myself again."

"That's great." Tom said as he approached the passenger door with me, cornering me against the car as we both reached for the door.

"Should I let you do the honors?" I chuckled, motioning to the door handle.

"If you don't mind." He spoke softly, his hand going up to the side of my neck, he quickly closed the space between us and kissed my lips.

I pulled back in surprise.

"I'm sorry-" he spoke quickly, pulling his hand back, "I shouldn't have-"

"I like you, Tom but I'm not ready to get hurt again." I said.

"That's the last thing I would ever do." He spoke softly, taking my hand in his. "I've known you for so long, and for so long I've put it off. I never spoke up and you got with someone else... I want us to give this a try."

"I don't know, Tom." I mumbled, pushing my hair out of my face and looking down at my hand in his.

"I will never hurt you." He said, pulling me closer and wrapped his arms around me.

I looked up slightly to see his face, this time it was I who touched his face and brought his lips to mine.