Untitled|TomHolland

This chapter belongs to another book of mine, check it out😉

■■■

      Weeks went by, months went by. My dog, Charlie and I had already made ourselves at home in this new apartment. It was a nice place, although I must admit I hated selling my home back in the suburbs.

Work was amazing, everything I always wanted although he city was... tiring.

■■■

"I don't know" Tom's forehead wrinkled as he thought about it, "I think living in the city would be fun."

I shook my head, "No, it's gotta be somewhere where we can see the stars." I looked up at the lights in the tree as Tom and I slowly swayed back and forth.

"Can't really see many here." Tom said.

"It's more than what you can see in the city." I countered.

"Alright." Tom smiled as he slowly spun me around once, pulled me back into his arms and I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, "A big house in the non-city it is."

■■■

      Almost a year had gone by since our break up, New York made it insanely hard to forget about him. Almost every turn I took to work in the mornings led me face to face with an enormous billboard of my ex-boyfriend.
Spider-Man's was face plastered everywhere I went.

"Seen that new movie, miss?" The taxi driver asked me as I looked through my work email in the back seat.

"Um no." I answered, looking up and seeing the graying man point at a billboard, Tom's familiar brown eyes looking back at me, "Can't say I have."
"My kids love it." He continues to talk.

■■■

I got to work. Hastily dropping my belongings on the door and sat in my makeup chair.

"There have been some last minute changes to the schedule." Robert walked in, handing me a few cards, "You're interviewing today. Those are the questions."

"With such short notice?" I asked as I flipped through the questions.

"Like I said, very last minute. He had made it to New York earlier than expected, he had time. You've got this. I know you're on top of this." Robert smiled as he walked away.

"Who am I interviewing exactly?" I asked him.

"Spider-Man." Robert smiled.

"You mean as in Tobey Maguire... Andrew Garfield.."

"Tom Holland!" Robert yelled as he had already walked out the door.

■■■

'You've got to be kidding me.' I thought as I pushed myself to walk to set, clutching the cards in my right hand.

"Y/n, you're up next." Robert told me as I approached him. I looked up at the small set with two chairs and a small coffee table.

There he was, that familiar smile of his felt like a slap to the face. I knew he hadn't seen me yet, not with all the crew working around me.

"Alright, let's get started" Robert announced loudly as he smiled.

I looked at Robert and nodded once and moved my feet, one after the other to the char beside Tom's.
I finally looked at him, meeting his chocolate eyes once more, only this time, in person.

Tom' smile had left his face as I approached him.

"I'd like to keep this profesional, Mr. Holland." I spoke as I flipped through my cards, avoiding his eyes.

"In 3. 2. 1." Robert announces we were live.

"We're here live from New York with the one and only Tom Holland." I put a smile on my face as I spoke.

"Hey. How have you been?" I heard Tom whisper to me from my right.

"I've been great, thank you for asking, Mr. Holland." I answered him, "So um tell me, you got your first big acting gig at 20 years old as Spider-Man in the movie Captain America: Civil War. Now at age 27, what more could you hope to accomplish as an actor?"

"27..." Tom met my eyes, "Its been a year... I swear it feels like a lot longer."

"Um." I flipped through the cards in my hand, "Since... you signed your contract with Marvel, how would you say your life has changed in these past few years as an actor and as a person?"

"I- I mean there have certainly been a lot of changes," Tom fumbled, "but I'd say there has been one thing missing, especially this past year. Someone very dear to me."

■■■

I got off the chair as soon as I heard the cameras where off. I felt Tom's hand on my elbow, "Y/n, I'm sorry." I heard Tom say as I pulled away.

"What happened?" Robert asked me as I walked towards him. He looked concerned as he saw my tears Pool in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Robert. I have to go." I said to him.

"It's okay, take the rest of the day off." He nodded.

■■■

I closed to door to my dressing room letting my tears stream down my cheeks.

I heard two knocks on the door.

"Leave me alone." I called out.

I heard door open, "I said-" I turned and saw him standing there.

"Y/n," Tom let himself in.

"What do you want Tom?" I asked him.

"To talk." He said, closing the door behind him.

"We already have, Tom. Not to mention that train wreck of an interview." I lifted my hand, motioning to the door as he stopped in front of me.

"I still love you." He said, plain and simple.