Newborn Love

Alaria's POV

The stream of cold tears woke me. "Shh, Lari." A deep voice cooed, wiping away my tears. "That's the third time you've fallen asleep and woken up crying..." Mori explained, holding my hand. I nodded and curled into him. He sighed and rubbed my back.

Every time I fell asleep, I'd have the same dream. Over and over. The same one I had when Tamaki ended up beside me, and Mori had the rags. I couldn't keep this up...

I looked around the light room; it was just Mori and I. "Did the rest of the boys go to sleep?" I asked calmly. I wouldn't blame them if they had. "They did." He replied.

Sitting up was a bit painful due to my side, but not too awful. I could live with it. I stretched a little and yawned, then sat back against the head board. "I'm sorry that you had to stay awake all night for me..." I murmured. I felt guilty, knowing he hadn't had a wink of sleep all night. Mori chuckled softly. "I'd do anything to know you were alright." A wild blush rushed to my cheeks, and I smiled sheepishly at the covers.

"Come on, now. Don't hide your beautiful face from me..." He whispered, bringing my chin up to look at him. My blush darkened, I could tell, and he smiled. "How are you so easy to make blush, but not as easy to scare?" He laughed. "Girls like you are a bit complicated." I giggled. "Are we?" Mori didn't reply.

His hand traveled from my chin to my cheek. "I don't know how I feel, Alaria... I want to protect you. I don't want to hurt you. I know I have strong feelings for you," He sighed, meeting my gaze, "But I don't know how strong they are..."

I gaped at Mori. The boy who, last I'd known, barely said a word. And, now, he was expressing how he felt about me, when I felt the same way. I was shocked, to say the least, but all I wanted right now was to kiss him, to know that everything would be alright with him.

My hand fell on top of his, a smile climbing on my lips. "How do you plan on figuring out how strong your feelings are?" My voice almost cracked, but I managed to conceal it. Mori smiled. "I would kiss you, but--" I groaned, a playful smile on my lips. "Then do it."

Mori didn't hesitate to kiss me. His lips were soft and warm. The kiss was fiercely passionate, almost rough, but he was being gentle all the same. With his one hand still on my cheek, the other traveling to my back, I found my fingers laced in his hair, deepening the kiss -- which seemed to impossible.

The kiss lasted until we had to take a breath. Mori broke away from me, and I found myself pressed all the way against the head board, almost in Mori's lap. He breathed slowly, never looking away from my eyes as I panted. I kept his head close to mine, and he pressed his forehead against my own. I smiled softly, my heart flying. I'd never felt so safe and loved, except when I would wrap myself in my father's arms. I chuckled breathlessly and he did, too. "Alaria, are you--" I nodded, breaking him off. "Yes, I'm sure." I looked at him happily, speechless now.

****

Kaoru's POV

What was this... Pain? Was it jealousy? Was it betrayal? I don't know, but I couldn't bring myself to question Alaria after what'd I'd just heard.

So she and Mori, huh? Was she trying to replace someone? Kyoya? Maybe she was trying to replace me?

"Stop it." I whispered to myself as I walked down the hallway. "She's not replacing you. She's happy." I suddenly remembered a quote;

"Don't be jealous of them, even if you like her. If you love her, be the reason she stays happy, not the reason she ends up single."

Perhaps that quote was true. I had no idea who wrote it, and I honestly didn't care. Just as long as it got me on the path to recovery from this heart break. That was was this is, right? It couldn't be any other thing.

I sat down in the kitchen, joining Hikaru and Kyoya. "Is she awake, do you know, Kaoru?" Kyoya asked. As usual, that desperate, eager glint reached his eyes when he asked about her. I just wanted to say, "She's with Mori-Senpai, now. Don't even bother." But I didn't. "Yeah, she's awake. From what I heard, she woke up crying again." Kyoya nodded sadly.

Was there anyone who couldn't hurt us? Even if they were complete strangers. It'd be nice to not be hurt by anyone.

*****

*

I know this chapter is EXTREMELY short, but you'll have to bare with me. Writer's block is hitting. I promise to give you guys a MUCH longer chapter next time. I'm sorry! Please don't hate me!

Comment, vote, and follow me for more!

Love you guys! ♥ :* /MWAH\