Christmas Eve

Kyoya's POV

I looked down at Alaria, the beautiful girl, who was panting and struggling at my side. Another nightmare. She was sweating, and would occasionally cry out in the night. She'd done this for three nights now.

Gently, I rubbed down her hair, smoothing it down and settling her. I pulled her close to me, giving her a sense of security, and she slowly fell back into a peaceful rest.

The exhaustion suddenly gone from my body, I looked at the clock and thought. Mori felt ashamed, although he and Lari had gotten back on good terms, she had made sure it was clear that she was with me, and not with him. He was recovering rather quickly, but was becoming the same stoic, guarded Mori we all used to know.

Alaria was also becoming a bit more guarded from everyone but me. Mori must've said something, but she was building back up her walls, hiding from everyone. She seemed to trust only me, and Tamaki in minor situations. I could tell she now hated to "burden me with her problems," but it never bothered me. There was no burden with her. Only happiness.

"K-Kyoya..." Alaria whispered in her sleep beside me. She sounded worried, so I placed a small, gentle kiss on her temple. She calmed down immediately, putting her arm over my chest and snuggling closer.

This was how I'd always wanted it to be. Lari in my arms, safe and happy, but life always got in the way.

Slowly, my thoughts exhausted me, and I soon joined Alaria in a peaceful sleep.

***

Alaria's POV

It was around ten in the morning, and everyone was awake, sitting in the kitchen at the table. Tamaki, Hikaru, and Kaoru were all struggling to make breakfast, but they made it through. The bacon looked nice, and the eggs tasted just fine. But Tamaki was still stressing that he's done something wrong, until he sat down and ate them himself.

"So, where are we doing Christmas?" I asked while everyone ate. Tamaki sighed, "My father turned us down. It will not be at my house, as I'd hoped." I shrugged. "It's okay, Tamaki. It's not your fault." I stood, taking my empty plate to the sink and washing it as my nightmare slowly unrolled in my mind. "Well, I don't suspect my father be home today. Perhaps we could do it at my place?" Kyoya offered. Everyone got quiet, the air tense, but I had no idea why. "Sure! I still haven't met your dad, so that sounds like a good idea. But I guess that would be hard to do, if he wasn't there." Kaoru gulped, managing, "I think I just lost my appetite," and washing his dishes as I had mine.

I glanced wearily between Kaoru and Kyoya. Even Kyoya seemed to notice that us going to his house would be an awful idea, but he didn't look like he regretted it. "Am I... Missing something?" Everyone shook their heads. "No! Come on, let's just go get ready!" Tamaki jumped up from the table and fan up the stairs to get dressed, and the others followed him. Even Kyoya got up from the table without a word. I grabbed everyone's plates and began washing them.

I felt a chill run up my spine. "His dad is home, Alaria." Haruhi explained behind me. "Oh? So what am I missing?" Haruhi sighed and shuddered from existence. "I'll take it that I'll have to figure it out myself, then, huh, Haruhi?"

"What?" Tamaki spoke. I dropped the plate I'd been cleaning into the sink in surprise, turning on my heel. "Did you just say... Haruhi?" I shook my head, grabbing the counter. "I'm so sorry, Tamaki. I was... I was hallucinating." Tamaki, after hesitating, nodded slowly. "Right." He put on that stellar grin of his and shouted, "I'll be out in the limo!"

That was so close. I technically didn't lie, did I? "Yeah, you did," I heard Haruhi say behind me. I shot a cold glare at her and she laughed as she dissipated.