Little music box

"Carrie!"My Dad called. I groaned and rolled over in my bed. "Carrie let's go. I have to go to work soon."Dad called. I sighed and got up. "I'll be there in a minute!"I shouted. "Hurry up!"My dad said. I looked around my room. My room was just an old cargo truck that Mom and Dad found. I helped weild it to the R.V that my parents lived in. Now it's just me and dad.

My bed was an old mat covered in thick blankets and pillows. I had heart shaped lights strung around my room. Cliche I know for a girl my age but they were the only lights I could find. I had a dresser with a mirror on it and a small bookcase in the corner by the door. Me and dad had wielded the door of the R.V and the door to the cargo truck together and put a piece of metal under and over them to make a hallway.

I opened my dresser and pulled out an old pair of bootcut skinny jeans with grease stains on it and a pink shirt with long red and white striped sleeves.

I grabbed my blue flower power backpack and packed up some things. It was going to be a long day. I packed my drawing pad, an extra pair of clothes, my flip phone, an MP3 player with headphones, a book and my box of colored pencils. I went back to my dresser and looked at the two bracelets hanging on one of the knobs. I stared at them for a bit before grabbing them both. I put one on my wrist and one in my backpack.

One of them belong to a friend of mine a few years ago. A tear slid down my cheek thinking about her. I wiped it away and went to the kitchen.

I reached into the cabinets and pulled out some red velvet pop-tarts. I put them in the toaster and waited, I poured myself some milk while I waited, I heard the toaster pop. I grabbed the pop-tarts out of the toaster ignoring the burning feeling they left on my hand.I sat in the drivers seat of the cargo truck.

I munched on my pop-tart and looked at the collection of stuffed animals and toys I had there. I collected toys and stuff that children and adults threw away or left in cars when they were brought to the junk yard. I put down my pop-tart and grabbed my favorite toy. It was a stuffed bear. He had gold colored fur with a purple hat and bow tie.He had two black buttons going down his belly. What I liked most about the bear was his eyes. He had black eyes with white pupils. "Just like me."I said. I looked at my strange eyes in the rear view mirrors.

I was born with a defect. I could see everything just fine. But for some reason I had foggy white pupil. The doctors kept me at the hospital for several weeks trying to figure out why I had white pupils. After about a month they decided it was just a birth defect and sent me home.

I stared at the golden bear. He stared back. I really liked this bear. He was a good listener. I remember the day I found him.

I was playing by the river that ran through the junk yard. Lots of weird things floated down that river. I remember seeing something yellow pop up above the water. I saw a pair of eyes staring at me almost as if it was pleading with me. Begging me to save it. I jumped over junk in the river and pulled the bear out of the water.I pulled it back to shore and examined it.

It was really water logged and dirty. He somehow manged to keep his little hat and bow tie on. One of his buttons was missing and his eyes were dull.

I remember taking the bear home and fixing him.I made him good as new."Carrie let's go!"My dad shouted bringing my back to reality.I gazed at the golden bear. "coming" I shouted stuffing him into my backpack. I gobbled down my pop-tart and ran outside.Dad was waiting by the truck. It was a normal red pick up truck with a bunch of junk piled up in the back. I climbed in the passenger side and waited for dad to start the truck and go.
As we drove down the street towards my dad's work I stared out the window. I saw the usual things. Cloud dragons have intense battles on the sky, elves jumping from tree to tree shoiting arrows at an enemy below the tree line and cars racing down the street to a finish line to far to spot.

"So Carrie." My dad said. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. My dad had black hair and forest green eyes. His face was covered on stubble. He was wearing a baby blue shirt and grease covered jeans. "How has school been?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "I don't go to school dad." I said darkly. "You pulled me out because you couldn't drop me off and get to work on time." "Oh" Was all my dad said.

I stared out the window some more. Finally we made to my dads job. I climbed out of the truck and stared at the sign hanging above the door. "Freddy Fazbear pizzaria." I said outloud. "A magical place for kids and grown ups alike." My dad said smiling. He put an arm around me. I growled until he moved his arm.

Dad opened the door for me. I walked in. I was immediately hit with the smell of greasy pizza and floor cleaner. I wished I had brought a sweater. It was so cold. I looked around for a place for me to sit. I didn't want to be in the dining area. That was going to get to crowded.

"Carrie I'm going to go to work." My dad said. "Please behave." "Yeah ok." Said not really paying attention. I heard a sound. It sounded lovly. Like a sweet lullaby.

I wandered towards the sound. I walked around aimlessly. I couldn't seem to find the source of the sound. Soon the music got louder. I followed it to the prize corner.

On the counter was a plushie. It was a brown bear with a black hat and bow tie. He was holding a microphone. He had two buttons going down his belly. He looked like my bear plush. I pulled him out of my backpack and sat him next to the brown bear plush.

The music seemed to be coming from the bear. I picked it up and held it. The plush was heavy. I turned it over in my hands. I notice that there was a wind up key where his tail should be. I stopped the key and the music stopped.

I heard a sound coming from behind me. I picked up my golden bear plushie and turned around. I was met with a white face. I screamed. The thing that was in front of me grabbed me. He lifted me up and dragged me into the blue and purple gift box. Then everything went black.