Kelsy

(Marionette's POV)

I popped out of my box when the music stopped. Kids squealed in delight as I handed out gifts. I hadn't seen Carrie all day. From what I could tell it was getting late. This was probably the last party for the day. We've been getting less and less parties recently I thought. Not that I minded all that much. If it didn't bother our nightly hunt then it didn't bother me.

I handed out the last present and was about to slip back into my box when I saw Carrie walk in the pizzaria. I watched her walk by before slipping back into my box. I waited for the music box to start up again but I was only met with with silence. Another employee forgot to start the box again. Meaning I would be up for a while. 

I picked up one of the plushies I kept in my box. It was an older plushie from the old location Fredbear's Diner. Carrie had the other one. She had the Fredbear plush. I had a Spring Bonnie one. I actually liked to collect the plushies. I kept them in a small panel that could come loose in the bottom of my box. I pulled out another plushie. It was a Toy Chica one. I got it when I managed to get free from the music box one night. Some kid must've left it.

I heard a soft knock on the side of my box. I remain silent. Sometimes kids would come and knock on the box but I was usually asleep. On the rare occasion that some stupid employee forgot to wind my music box back up I could hear the kids knock on my box. Sometimes they would talk to me through the box. It was interesting sometimes what they would talk to me about. Kids say the weirdest things. Deep down I hoped it was Carrie. Carrie had become a highlight of my life. Her brain problem made her more enjoyable.

"Are you in there Marionette?" Said a voice. It wasn't Carrie's. The voice was small and meek. "My friend says that even when you are in the box you can hear what is happening on the outside." The voice said. I shifted closer to the side of the box.

"If you can.. please... maybe knock." The voice said meekly. "Just a knock. To.. let me know that... you really are listening." I didn't do anything for a minute. I heard a sigh from the other side of the box. If I could bite my lip I would. I knock on the side of my box. Then I mentally slapped my self. What are you doing idiot! I thought at myself.

I heard a gasp. "You are listening!" The voice said. "My name is Kelsy" The little girl said.  "I'm glad that...someone is listening to me." I hear Kelsy sigh. "My mommy keeps making me go to the hospital. But.. she won't tell me why." I shifted so I was pressed up against the side of my box. "We keep going back and forth." Kelsy continued. "Some of the medicine they gave me made all of my hair fall off. So I keep wearing a beanie." I lowered my gaze. I was getting a feeling. I knew what must be happening. "My mommy says I will be fine." Kesly said happily.

"But" She said. "I don't feel fine. There are days when I am to weak to do anything." I reached over and pulled up the panel that concealed all the plushies I had. I pulled out a Toy Bonnie plush. "There are days when I can't stop vomiting." I sat and listened. "But...I'm sure whatever they're doing will help me." Kelsy said quietly. 

I opened the lid of my box. Kelsy stood up quickly. I leaned over and handed her the Toy Bonnie plush. She looked at it before taking it. "Thank you." she said. I nodded and slid back into my box. I heard someone call Kelsy over and I was once again left in silence. Slowly the outside noises began to die down as people began to leave.

Soon all the only noises I could hear were the sounds of the employees cleaning up. The cooks were washing the dishes and mopping the floors, waiters wiping down table and sweeping the floors. Every one made sure the place was clean before leaving. Soon the night shift would start. The new nightguard started today. I hoped Carrie managed to persuade her dad into taking the job. At the moment all I wanted to do was stuff him into a suit and watch him bleed.

"Hey who forgot to turn the music box on!" Someone shouted. Finally I thought. If Carrie's dad did take the job he would most likely survive the first two nights. If he was lucky he would survive the third and fourth. On the fifth night however there would only be a small sliver of hope for him to survive. On either the fourth or fifth night he would be to distracted to check my music box. If that happened then I could swoop in and pick him off. With out my music box nothing could prevent me from killing the nightguard. Oh how I hoped for his demise. The music box began to play and I fell into a peaceful sleep.