Inside the box

(Marionette's POV)

I woke up again from a peaceful sleep. I was starting to get suspicious. It was normal for me to go at least two nights in a row without having to live through that one horrible nightmare. But it has been about four nights now. That was unusual.

I thought back to the last time I had that nightmare. It was the night before Carrie stayed the night in my box. Was Carrie the reason I haven't been having that nightmare? It was possible. I thought about the last dream I had had. I was reliving my death. That seemed like ages ago. I vaguely recall hearing someone shout at my captors to leave me alone. That was different than normal. Then after that I hadn't been having the nightmare. I wonder if that new voice in the dream had anything to do with it.

I had no time to ponder this now. The only reason for me to be awake now is because there is a birthday kid wanting his or her presents. Sure enough I could soon hear the excited screams of kids coming closer to my box. Soon an employee went through the normal performance. "Alright birthday girl!" I heard the employee say excitedly "Are you ready for presents?" The kids all shrieked excitedly. "Now remember kids don't get to close to the Marionette. We don't want to scare him away." I rolled my eyes. Like a few kids could scare an animatronic. "Alright here it comes!" On que I popped out of my box stretching my arms out wide. A few kids started crying scared of my face. I don't blame them. It's not uncommon now for some kids to be frightened by me or any of the other animatronics.

I immediately got to work passing the kids presents. Once all the presents were passed out I waved goodbye as my "program" told me to. I cast a quick glance at the nearby clock. It was surprisingly close to closing time. Odd there are usually more parties I thought before sliding back into my box. The pizzaria had been getting less and less parties lately. Some of the employees were saying that birthday season was just coming to a close. Others were saying that kids weren't as entertained by the animatronics as they once were. And rumor had it that another restaurant with animatronics was going to be opening soon. It didn't matter to me. As long as we kept doing our nightly duties I didn't care about what happens to this place.

I heard the music box start back up. I was slowly lulled to sleep.

I woke up in my room. Finally I thought I was starting to think that Nightmare had given up his haunting attempts.

Oddly enough I heard a voice coming from outside. I peeked out of the door and saw a light flash across the hall. A part of me was tempted to go after the light. But the sound of a door closing made me change my mind. I slid back to my bed and listened. This was normal by now. it was normal to just wait and listen. It should be either night three or four. If I could make it to the fifth day well... well nothing. I would get to stay up on most weekends of the nightguard was killed or quit. But after that it all started up again on Monday.

It was oddly quiet for a third or fourth night. I was still struggling to determine what night it was. I sat there waiting for two hours before finally getting up and peeking outside the doors. Nothing. I had to think of something. I opened my door wider. Still nothing. Finally I opened the door up all the way. I stepped out of the room and tiptoed down the hall. I heard hushed voices coming from the kitchen. I tiptoed over to the door. I could faintly make out the sounds of the Nightmare animatronics voices. I remembered that their favorite place to hold secret meetings was in the kitchen. I leaned in a bit closer to listen to their conversation.

"So wha-wha-what should we do about her Freddy?" I heard one ask. I think it was Chica. "I don't know. One thing is for sure. If Fredbear gets a hold of her there will be nothing left of her sanity." "What san-san-san-sanity? That girl be crazier than Carl the Cupcake on a su-su-sugar high." I heard Foxy say. Who are they talking about I thought. "Well we ne-ne-need to do something." Bonnie said. "We can't just let Fredbear get her. I actually like Carrie." I felt my heart drop. Carrie was here? I dropped my flashlight with a thud on the ground. "What wa-wa-was that?" Freddy said. The door to the kitchen opened. I came face to face with Foxy. We both just stared at each other for a moment.

Suddenly Foxy opened his mouth a screamed his horrible scream. I ran towards the one place they couldn't follow the one place I may be able to hide. I ran out the front door and towards Fredbears diner. I had been there a couple of times in past nightmares but I had never tried to run there before. I opened the door to the diner. I saw Carrie sitting at a table. I stared at her. She was actually in my nightmare? How? She was sitting with Plushtrap at the table. I slowly walked closer to her. As I got withing earshot I heard Plushtrap say "If you're smart... you won't come back at all." Then Carrie disappeared. "Carrie wait!" I shouted. But she was already gone.

Plushtrap looked at me then went back tearing at his piece of pizza. "Welcome back kid" he said between bites. "How long has she been here?"I asked not caring about the fact that he would most likely kill me soon. "Well from what I can gather she's been here a couple'a days." Plushtrap said swallowing his pizza. "Where've you been?" He asked leaning back. "Honestly I have no idea" I said frowning at the floor. I looked at the clock. It was six. How did that happen? Soon the world around me faded into black. Hopefully when I wake up I can see Carrie. I had some question that desperately need answering.