Two

"Hey, watch where you're walking, asshole!" The drunk student exclaimed.

"I- I'm sorry..." Cas stuttered, wiping his shirt and backing away from the student and accidentally backing into someone else, who turns around.

"Dude, what's your problem?" asked the second person.

"My apologies..." Cas' voice was getting softer and softer with every word. The student he'd run into shoved him and he staggered backwards, raising his hands in defense.

"Hey, leave him alone!" Charlie shouted, but the student ignored her and started going after Cas, who was shrinking away against the wall in fear. Cas wasn't sure how long Dean had been paying attention, but suddenly he was pulling the student off of Cas aggressively.

"Get out of here, Zach, you're drunk," Dean said, his words slurred slightly. Zach turned around with a sneer and walked away. Cas lowered his hands.

"This is why I don't come to parties. I'm going back to school now," Cas said to Dean, and he started for the door.

"Wait, Novak, you can't go back alone!" Dean protested.

"I'll give him a ride back," Charlie said, stepping forward. Dean didn't look very happy, but Cas left before he could protest any more.

***

When Cas woke up the next morning, the first thing he noticed was Dean, covered up to his neck in his blanket. When Cas turned on the light, Dean groaned and pulled his blanket over his head.

"No light..." he mumbled. Cas walked over to the lump on Dean's bed, his brow furrowed.

"Is something wrong, Dean?" he asked.

"I'm very hungover... turn off the damn light, Novak," Dean said. Cas turned the light back off.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked, unsure what to do in a situation like this.

"Just... sit down over there, and do you homework. Quietly. And in the dark, Novak," Dean told him, rubbing his face and rolling over. Cas turned halfway towards his desk, then stopped and turned back to Dean.

"Dean..." He paused, as if losing his nerve.

"What is it, Novak?"Dean asked.

"Thank you for... what you did last night," Cas said awkwardly, blushing and siting down at his desk immediately, pulling out his notebook. Dean sat up, wincing and putting a hand to his forehead.

"You're my roommate, Novak. Besides, I don't like bullies. Now can you please be quiet? My head is killing me," Dean complained. Cas nodded and went back to his homework. He ended up helping Dean for the rest of the day, with Dean barely leaving his bed. That night, as Cas was reading, Dean got up.

"Are you feeling better?" Cas inquired, looking up from his book.

"Better than I was this morning, that's for sure. Thanks for taking care of me, Cas," Dean answered. He patted Cas on the arm, and Cas stared at Dean's hand.

"Please don't touch me," Cas said, looking mildly uncomfortable. Dean just smiled.

"We are definitely going to more parties. You need to get out more. A lot more," Dean replied, and without waiting to hear Cas' complaints and objections, he walked out the door.