Sixteen

The next few days were pure joy for Cas. When Charlie found out, she screamed and just about hugged the both of them to death.

"I knew it! I knew it would happen!" She squealed.

"Please, Charlie, calm down. You're embarrassing us," Cas said, blushing and looking down at his shoes. Dean took Cas' hand and Cas smiled.

"Okay, we have got to go celebrate! Ice cream for everyone!" Charlie exclaimed, heading for the door. Dean and Cas turned to follow them, but then Cas stopped dead in his tracks.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked him. He tried to squeeze Cas' hand reassuringly, but Cas jerked his hand away, to shocked to talk. A girl slightly older than them walked up to Cas.

"Greetings, Castiel," she said formally.

"Greetings, Naomi." Cas felt Dean stiffen next to him when he realized who the girl was. "I had not the slightest idea you were coming here to visit me."

"It was somewhat unplanned. I wished to see how you were faring, see if perhaps you had made friends," Naomi said, glancing at Dean and Charlie.

"Of course. Naomi, this is Charlie and my roommate, Dean," Cas introduced. Charlie and Naomi shook hands, but Cas had to nudge Dean before he would do the same.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both. How are your classes, Castiel?" Naomi asked.

"I'm doing quite well, sister. How is everyone at home?" Cas replied.

"I don't have time for any more small talk. I must be going. You are expected home for Christmas," Naomi said.

"Actually, he can't. Cas is coming home with me for Christmas," Dean said, throwing his arm around Cas' shoulders. Cas looked at him, confused.

"Castiel must return to his family, Dean," Naomi said calmly.

"He's lived with you for eighteen years, surely you can spend one Christmas without him," Dean replied.

"Really, it's fine Dean," Cas said.

"No, you're coming with me for Christmas!" Dean exclaimed.

"Dean, please," Cas said, putting his hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean turned to look at him.

"But Novak... You told me..." Dean took Cas' other hand. Cas tried to pull away, but Dean held his hand tightly. Naomi tilted her head.

"Castiel, what exactly is your relationship with this male?" She asked.

"He- he's my r-roommate. I t-told you that already," Cas said, starting to get nervous.

"Castiel, are you in love with this man?" Naomi accused.

"What? N-no!" Cas exclaimed.

"So what if he is?" Dean challenged. Cas cringed.

"Castiel, don't you ever set foot in our house again!" Naomi snarled, then she turned and stormed out. Cas jerked his hand out of Dean's.

"Why would you do that? How could you do that?" Cas' eyes filled with tears and he turned and ran.