Twenty-Two

Cas woke back up when the lights flickered on a few hours later. Dean was still awake, and he stroked Cas' hair.

"Hey. What are you doing up?" Dean asked.

"The lights... Were you awake the whole time?" Cas asked him, noticing once again that Dean wasn't wearing a shirt.

"I liked watching you sleep. You're cute when you sleep, Novak," Dean said, stroking his hand up and down Cas' arm. Cas shivered and softly placed his hand on Dean's chest. Dean rolled onto his side and started kissing Cas softly. Cas kissed him back, running his hands up and down Dean's chest and stomach. Dean shivered and let out a small moan. He slid his hands down to the hem of Cas' shirt, pulling it up slightly. Cas pushed closer to Dean and Dean pulled Cas' shirt over his head and rolled over till he was straddling Cas and started kissing his neck and down his chest, sucking on Cas' nipple. Cas let out a moan, sliding his fingers through Dean's hair. Dean smiled.

"You like that?" He asked, his voice husky.

"Dean..." Cas moaned. Dean smiled and ran one hand down Cas' chest to his pants, hooking one finger under the band of his pajama pants. Cas' breath hitched and his hips bucked up involuntarily. Dean smiled and leaned in to kiss Cas again. He started pulling Cas' pants down, but he was suddenly interrupted.

"Oh my god!" Sam exclaimed from the doorway. Dean whipped around and Cas blushed furiously.

"S-Sam?" Dean said.

"Sam?" They heard John's voice from down the hall, coming closer. Sam's head whipped around and Dean's eyes widened.

"Shit. Don't worry, Dean," Sam said and rushed down the hallway to intercept John. Dean rolled off the bed quietly and rushed out of the room, giving Cas a quick peck on the lips on his way out, leaving Cas lying on his bed, confused. He pulled his blanket around himself and rolled onto his side. He heard the muffled sounds of Sam's voice, but he just closed his eyes, wanting to sleep.

***

"I knew it," Sam said smugly over breakfast the next day. John was still asleep, and Dean had cooked pancakes.

"Shut up, Sam," Dean muttered, taking a big bite of pancakes.

"Hey, Christmas is filled with love," Sam said in a slightly mocking tone. Cas' eyes flitted between the two of them. He was smiling. He liked Sam a lot.

"You're never gonna let this go, are you?" Dean asked. Sam shook his head with a grin and walked into the kitchen with his now empty plate.

"Hey! It's snowing!" He exclaimed from the kitchen. Dean looked up.

"Snow?" Cas asked, standing up and looking excited. Dean smiled at the look on Cas' face.

"Dean, let's go outside!" Cas exclaimed.

"Or we could not. Who really likes snow anyway?" Dean asked. Cas pouted.

"I do... Good things happen when it snows," he said.

"Dean used to like snow. I don't know what happened," Sam said, walking back through the door. Dean shifted in his seat.

"C'mon, Dean, please?" Cas begged. Dean stood up.

"Fine, lets go outside," he said. Cas smiled and ran upstairs to his room with Dean following.

As soon as they got outside, Cas started frolicking through the large piles of snow and promptly tripped and fell into a big drift. Dean rushed forward.

"Novak? Are you okay?" He asked. Then he saw that Cas was taking the opportunity to make a snow angel and smiled. When Cas stood up and stepped away, Dean surveyed his work and smiled.

"You make a pretty good angel, Novak," he said.

"Now you!" Cas exclaimed, his nose already pink from the cold.

"Uh, no. I'm a man, I don't make snow angels," Dean replied.

"Please?" Cas begged, drawing the word out and giving Dean his best puppy-dog eyes.

"Okay, fine," Dean said, laying down next to Cas' snow angel and starting to make one of his own. When he tried to stand up, it didn't work so well, so his angel didn't look as good as Cas'.

"Yeah, I haven't perfected the art yet, so I always mess my angels up," Dean said.

"Well, it's yours, so I like it," Cas said, pecking Dean on the cheek. Dean smiled and Cas went back to frolicking. Dean shoved his hands into his jacket pocket and watched Cas, flinching when he heard a dog barking in the distance. Cas bent down and started gathering snow into his hands, but it wouldn't stick together.

"Novak, what are you doing?" Dean asked.

"I'm trying to make a snowball. It's not working, Dean, and now my hands are cold," Cas said, wiping his hands and pouting.

"C'mere," Dean said. Cas walked over to him and Dean took Cas' hands in his, holding them close to warm them. Cas smiled.

"Let's go inside, Novak. We can come back later," Dean said.

"Okay," Cas said. Dean smiled and lead Cas back inside.