Five

When Cas woke up the next morning, his head was on Dean's chest and Dean's arms were wrapped around him. Cas blushed furiously and quickly extricated himself from Dean's grip. He went about getting ready for the day, avoiding looking at Dean, even though his roommate was still asleep. When Dean finally woke up, Cas was still bustling around the room.

"Where's the fire, Novak?" Dean asked, smirking.

"I simply need to get to class," Cas replied, still not making eye contact. Dean paused, and it almost seemed like he was about to say something, but he just got out of bed and went into the bathroom. Cas left before Dean came back, still uncomfortable.

***

"Come on Novak, we're going to this," Dean insisted.

"Why? I have no desire to attend," Cas said.

"You're coming, Novak, and that's final," Dean said, and opened the door. Cas was not looking forward to this. A party was not Cas' idea of a good time, but Dean was insisting. Cas walked out the door with a sigh, wondering if he should call Charlie for help.

As it turned out, Charlie was also there. Cas saw her talking to Dean for a second, and wondered why. They weren't very good friends as far as Cas knew. Cas tried to sit in the back, but Dean made him sit at the front with him. Charlie was sitting with a few of her other friends a couple tables behind them and Cas tried to get her to help him, but she just smiled.

"So tell me about your family, Novak," Dean said.

"What about them?" Cas asked.

"Everything," Dean said.

"There's not very much to tell. My father is a priest, I don't have a mother, and I have lots of older siblings," Cas told him simply.

"How many?" Dean asked.

"Ten," Cas said, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Dean nearly choked on his drink.

"Ten?" He exclaimed. Cas nodded.

"Why? How many do you have?" Cas asked. Dean smiled one of his rare genuine and happy smiles.

"One. My little brother Sammy," Dean said with pride, "he's going to Stanford." The look on Dean's face almost made Cas smile. He could tell that Sam was Dean's pride and joy.

"Stanford? That's a very good school," Cas observed.

"You bet it is. Sammy's going to be a lawyer," Dean glowed. Cas smiled, which made Dean smile even more.

"Why are you smiling? You never smile," Dean said.

"You obviously love your brother very much. I like that," Cas told him. Dean started to respond, but a girl came by and pulled him out of his seat to dance.

Cas spent the rest of the party sitting alone, watching the people. After several hours, he caught sight of Dean, extremely drunk on the other side of the room. He cautiously walked over to his roommate.

"Perhaps we should go now, Dean. You seem quite drunk," he said. Dean grinned.

"Your eyes are so... blue. And pretty. Your eyes are pretty," Dean said, his speech slurred. Cas blinked.

"Dean, I suggest we leave," Cas continued awkwardly. Dean stumbled closer to Cas.

"I'd go anywhere with you, pretty eyes," he said. Cas stepped back, and suddenly Charlie came up to them.

"Okay, Winchester, let's go. To the car!" She exclaimed. She pulled Dean towards the door and Cas followed them. When they got to the Impala, Charlie shoved Dean into the passenger seat and closed the door, then turned to Cas.

"You can drive, right?" She asked him.

"Yes," he said.

"Good. Take him home, and don't talk to him," Charlie told him. He nodded and got into the front seat. He was incredibly nervous about driving Dean's car, as Dean loved that car more than he loved himself. Cas pulled out of the parking space and headed back for the dorms. 

"Why did you leave?" Dean asked, sounding pitiful.

"Leave? Dean, I'm right here," Cas said, confused.

"Why did you leave this morning?" Dean asked. Cas shifted uncomfortably.

"I had class. Did you... want me to stay?" he asked hesitantly. Dean didn't answer, and when Cas glanced over, he saw that Dean was asleep. Cas sighed, realizing he would have to carry Dean to their room if he didn't wake up.

***

He didn't wake up. Cas had to drag him up the stairs, which wasn't fun. When he managed to get into their room, he dumped Dean onto his bed and changed into his pajamas. He managed to get in a bit of studying, then turned off the lights and climbed into his bed. He cast a glance at Dean, who was still asleep, then rolled over and went to sleep himself.