Six

Dean had a hangover the next day, which didn't surprise Cas at all. Charlie kept trying to make a bet with him on how long it would take Dean to get hungover again. Cas left Dean in their room and headed to breakfast that morning.

"Hey, Cas! Over here!" He saw Charlie waving from a table with several other girls. Cas walked over to them and sat down next to a smirking girl with black hair and brown eyes.

"Cas, this is Meg Masters, Abbadon Knight, and my roommate, Jo Harvelle," Charlie introduced them one by one. Cas nodded to each of them. Meg nodded back, Abbadon smirked, and Jo smiled. Cas sat there awkwardly in silence for a moment before Jo and Charlie started talking again.

"I still think Lisa's going to go for it," Jo said.

"I don't know, Dean might not go for it," Charlie said.

"Oh, Dean would totally do Lisa," Abbadon said.

"Honestly, I'm wondering if Dean is gay," Meg said. Cas froze and Abbadon laughed.

"Wow. I never really thought of that before," Jo said, seeming to consider it. Charlie looked over at Cas and burst out laughing at the look on his face.

"Guys, we probably shouldn't talk about this in front of Cas. Dean is his roommate, after all, and he might not even know who Lisa is," she said when she calmed down.

"You have Dean Winchester as a roommate? God help you," Meg said. Cas blinked, still unsure of what to say.

"You know what, Cas? Maybe you should just go to your class," Charlie said, smiling pityingly. Cas nodded and stood up,  leaving to go about his day, and thinking about what the girls had said.

***

Over the next few days, Cas started hearing about Lisa more and more. Even Dean mentioned her from time to time. Cas wasn't sure why, but he didn't really like Lisa, even though he'd never met her. Then, on Saturday, Dean tricked him into another party - Cas thought it was very evil to tell a person they were going for ice cream when they were actually going to a black light party - The party was very embarrassing for Cas as he was so pale his skin glowed a tiny bit. Dean had his shirt off and his chest painted within the first five minutes, but Cas took his usual place against the wall. He was starting to get used to parties, even if he didn't like them. He heard his phone buzz and he looked at it. His sister, Naomi, was calling. He thought about refusing the call, but decided it would be easier to answer now.

"Hello Naomi," he said, stepping into the quietest corner he could find.

"Castiel! Why is it so loud there?" Naomi asked him.

"There are many students currently here at the moment, Sister," Cas said, getting even more formal than he usually was.

"Are you at a party, Castiel?" Naomi asked, sounding outraged.

"No Sister, I-"

"Do not lie to me, Castiel," Naomi cut him off.

"I don't want to be here, Naomi, but... My roommate, he- he tricked me into coming. He told me we were going for a quick ice cream break, I'm sorry Sister," Cas rambled.

"You shouldn't even have been going out for ice cream! Castiel, you are this family's biggest disappointment. The Lord will punish you for your sins," Naomi snarled through the phone.

"I'm sorry Sister, I didn't-" but she was gone. Cas put his phone back in his pocket, tears burning his eyes. He glanced around at Dean and saw him dancing. Cas wiped his eyes and hurried for the door, taking off down the street.

***

Cas woke up to his phone ringing. It was still dark, he must not have been asleep very long. He checked his phone and saw that it was Dean.

"Hello Dean," he said when he answered.

"Where the hell are you, Novak? I turned around and you were gone, what the hell?" Dean yelled, sounding panicked.

"Dean, calm down. I'm behind the dorms, I just left my keys in our room and I couldn't get in," Cas replied calmly.

"Okay, you stay right there, I'm on my way. And Novak, when I get there, I'm so gonna kick your ass," Dean said, and then he promptly hung up. Cas put his phone back in his pocket and sighed.

When Dean found him, he was still sitting against the building, starting into space.

"What the hell was that, Novak? Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? You scared the shit out of me!" Dean yelled at him.

"The lord will punish me for my sins..." Cas muttered.

"What are you talking about, Novak? Is something wrong, did something happen?" Dean asked. In that moment, Cas had to make a decision. Did he trust his roommate? He sat up.

"I'm fine, Dean. I'm sorry I scared you, but there's nothing to worry about."