Seventeen

Cas closed his eyes as Dean knocked on the bathroom door for the thousandth time.

"Come on, Novak, let me in!" He heard through the door.

"No! I loved my family, Dean, and now I'll probably never see them again!" Cas shouted, sitting with his back against the door.

"Your family was horrible to you! Why would you want to go back?" Dean asked.

"I still loved them, Dean! Can't you understand that? Don't you still love your father?" Cas retorted. There was silence outside the door for a minute.

"Look, I'm sorry, Cas. But you couldn't live the rest of your life without your family knowing you're gay! I'm sure you can patch things up," Dean said.

"But what if I can't? Dean, I've got nowhere to go," Cas said, his voice getting softer.

"You've got me. I'm here for you, Cas, I'll make sure you're alright," Dean said through the door. Cas scooted over and reached up, opening the door to let Dean in. Dean stepped inside and crouched down next to Cas, hugging him. Cas put his arm on Dean's shoulder, his fingers curling around Dean's sleeve.

"It's getting late. We should go to bed," Dean said after a moment of silence. Cas looked up to see the sky darkening outside. He nodded and walked over to his bed, climbing in and closing his eyes.

***

Cas opened his eyes to see he was at home. He smiled, glancing around at the kitchen.

"Hey, Novak." Cas turned his head and saw Dean walking up to him. He beamed. Dean kissed him sweetly and smiled.

"I love you," Dean said.

"I love you too," Cas replied. Suddenly, Naomi appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Dean, pulling him towards the basement.

"Naomi!" Cas shouted in fear.

"Don't worry, Castiel! I will rid you of your sin! You will be free!" Naomi exclaimed. Cas tried to run to save Dean, but he couldn't move, he couldn't help, he could only scream-

"Cas! Cas, wake up! Wake up!" Cas jolted awake, sobbing and sweating, to Dean shaking him by his shoulders. When Dean saw that Cas was awake, he pulled him into a hug, Cas's head pulled to his chest as he sobbed uncontrollably. When Cas calmed down, Dean let him go.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked.

"Naomi was going to kill you..." Cas mumbled, wiping his nose.

"It was just a dream, Cas, I'm not going to die," Dean said soothingly. Cas sniffled and rolled over, curling up into a ball. Dean climbed in behind him and wrapped his arms around Cas' chest, pulling him close and closing his eyes. They fell asleep like that, and for once, Cas felt completely at peace.