Ten

Cas could barely remember the rest of that night. Not because he got drunk, he just couldn't think after the kiss. The next morning, along with yet another hangover, Dean had a little bit of shame, too. He wasn't avoiding Cas per se, but usually he said something in the mornings, and that day he was silent. Cas almost said something to him, but he wasn't sure what to say, so he stayed silent.

Dean was quiet that day, and a few days after. At least he was with Cas. But he still went to parties and hung out with Lisa, so Cas wasn't sure what was wrong. Charlie and her friends were already starting to think about Thanksgiving, even though it was still a while away.

"What about you, Cas, are you going home for Thanksgiving?" Jo asked one day at lunch.

"Probably not," Cas said.

"But Thanksgiving dinner!" Charlie exclaimed.

"My family isn't that big on Thanksgiving anyway," Cas said, staring at his Mac-n-cheese.

"That sucks, Thanksgiving dinner is the only good part about going home," Meg said.

"Come on, Meg, let's remember that some people actually have loving families," Jo said. Cas still didn't look up from his food. Charlie noticed and quickly changed the subject.

When Cas went back to his room that afternoon, Dean and Lisa were there.

"Hey, Novak!" Dean exclaimed, seeing him come in. Cas wondered if the whole school year would pass like this- Him and Dean tip toeing around each other and then suddenly snapping back to normal.

"Hello Dean," Cas replied.

"We were just about to leave. Why don't you go get the car, Dean? I wanna talk to Cas for a second," Lisa said. Dean raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything as he walked out the door. Cas turned to Lisa as the door closed.

"What did you want to say?" He asked. Lisa paused for a moment.

"I was just thinking... You really enjoyed that kiss, Cas," she said. Cas froze.

"K-kiss? What do you mean?" He asked.

"The other night when Charlie dared Dean to kiss you," she replied.

"I... I don't know what you mean," Cas stuttered.

"Cas. Are you in love with my boyfriend?" Lisa asked him.

"No, of c-course not," Cas said.

"Whatever, Cas, I can't tell you how to feel, and I can't say I blame you. But I know better then anyone. Dean's not gay. And you really shouldn't try to take him away from me, because I love him, and he doesn't love you," Lisa told him. Cas blinked, slightly shocked.

"I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to help. Anyway, Dean's probably waiting for me," she said, and she ducked out of the room. As soon as the door closed, Cas sank to the floor, tears welling up in his eyes. The memory of the kiss was still burned in his mind, and although he never expected Dean to reciprocate his feelings, hearing it put so bluntly - by Dean's girlfriend, no less - really hurt. A tear trickled out of Cas's eye, followed by another, and another, until he was practically sobbing. His hands shook as he wiped his eyes, trying to get back in control.

"Stop crying... Stop crying..." He muttered. It took him several minutes to manage to stop crying. When he did, he wiped the tears off his cheeks and stood up, trying to take deep breaths. He picked up his phone and thought about texting Charlie, but he wasn't sure what to say, so he put it back down, climbed into his bed, and closed his eyes.