Twelve

The next few weeks flew by, and before Cas knew it, it was Halloween, and Dean was trying to convince him to go to another party.

"I just don't see the point in dressing up like something I'm not and go to a party. I don't like parties anyway," Cas reminded his roommate.

"Come on, Novak, it's Halloween! You're supposed to have fun on Halloween!" Dean exclaimed.

"Dean, please, I don't want to go to any more parties right now," Cas said.

"So you mean to tell me you're staying home tonight? On Halloween?" Dean asked, taking a big bite of his piece of pie.

"Yes, Dean. Tonight, I'm staying in this room and studying," Cas replied. Dean grinned slowly.

"Dean, why are you grinning like that?" Cas asked, slightly nervous.

"No reason. I'll see you tonight, Novak," Dean said, and he walked out of the room. Cas went back to what he was doing, still suspicious but unable to do anything about it.

***

As it turned out, Dean collaborated with a few other people to turn their whole hall into a party, which included what felt like hundreds of college students traipsing through Cas' room, where Dean was already blaring classic rock way to loud. Cas sat on his bed, trying to study, but mostly just glaring at everyone. People were dressed up in all sorts of costumes, most of the girls wearing things that made Cas ridiculously uncomfortable. Dean disappeared within the first five seconds, leaving Cas to fend everyone away from their stuff on his own. Cas thought it was pure madness to invite strangers into your room and leave them unattended, but then, he'd never understood Dean. Cas was starting to get used to the noise and the crowd until someone decided to try and talk with him.

"Hey there," Cas heard the voice, but he didn't realize they were talking to him until they tapped him on the shoulder. Cas looked up with a jolt to see a tipsy red headed girl dressed as an angel standing in front of him.

"Yeah, you. Hi," she said again, smiling.

"Um, hello," Cas responded, unsure why this girl was talking to him.

"I'm April," she said.

"My name is Castiel," Cas replied, wondering why she hadn't gone away yet. Usually anyone who tried to talk to him left as soon as they heard his name.

"Wow, that's unique," April said.

"I suppose," Cas said.

"You're pretty cute, Castiel," April said, looking him up and down.

"Thank you... You are quite pretty as well," Cas replied, slightly uncomfortable. April took Cas' hand and Cas cringed, still not fond of people touching him.

"Come with me," April said, pulling on Cas' arm. Cas slipped off the bed and followed her, confused and a little scared. April led him to her car.

"Where are we going?" Cas asked, glancing back at the dorm building.

"My place. Is that a problem?" She replied, raising her eyebrow and smiling.

"No, I suppose not. Perhaps I should tell Dean that I'm leaving, though," Cas said.

"Dean won't care. Come home with me. Please?" April asked, toying with the collar of Cas' shirt. Cas gulped, but he got in the car.

***

April had a very nice apartment, but she didn't waste time showing it to him. As soon as she shut the door, she kissed him. Cas was very confused by this, and he wasn't sure how he felt about it. It wasn't bad, but... The memory of his kiss with Dean still lingered. April wasn't Dean. April pulled Cas' shirt up, breaking the kiss only long enough to pull it over his head. She dragged Cas into her bedroom and shut the door.