twenty seven

Jack sat behind his computer, biting his lip. Should he call Daniel? Should he message him? What would he do if he didn't answer?
"Fuck it," Jack breathed softly, pressing the call button on Daniel's Skype contact. It seemed to ring for ages, and Jack expected it to drop, but sure enough, Daniel's tired face popped up on screen.
"Hi, Jack! What's up?"
He was surprised, to say the least, when he was greeted so enthusiastically, "Uh, hey. Not a lot, just...wondering how you were feeling?"
"I'm good! How are you?"
"Daniel... Daniel, I- I know better. I can see you, I can see how tired you look and how sad. You've been M.I.A for eight days."
The smile dropped off of his face instantly, and he sighed, "I know, I'm sorry."
"We're all worried about you. You look like you haven't slept in days."
"I haven't. I can't sleep, I'm too upset."
"You can talk to me, tell me what happened?"
"There wasn't even anything, this just... It just happens. All the time. I feel so shit and miserable about everything, everything is- it's pointless! What's the point?!"
"I... There's a point to lots of things. You have Cyndago, you put your life into that, all your time and effort goes into that channel, and everyone loves you! Your family loves you, your fans love you, and we love you, your friends. We're your friends, Daniel. We want you to be okay."
"It isn't that easy."
"I know."
"No, you don't."
"I do, Daniel. I really do. I know what it's like to hate yourself, to wake up every morning and wish you hadn't, or to feel the urge to jump out in front of moving cars. L'appel du vide, and all that shit. Trust me, I know. So does Mark."
Both boys had tears streaming down their faces by now, until Daniel finally spoke up, "Mark does too?"
"Yeah."
"Fuck, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"Daniel, don't, just.. Please let everyone know you're okay."
"I... Okay."
"Can you have Mark come in? He's dying to see you."
Daniel hesitated again, and then nodded, getting up and going to his door, slowly opening it and yelling for Mark. Mark was there in an instant, almost as if he'd been waiting, "Yeah?"
"Can you come in..? I'm talking to Jack, and...I think we all have stuff to talk about."
"Yeah! Yeah, okay," Mark nodded, "Uh, lemme go grab something really quick, okay?"
Daniel nodded, leaving the door open and returning to the desk, giving a half hearted smile to Jack. Mark returned quickly with a gift wrapped box in his hand, a sparkly silver bow on the top.
"Here," He said, handing it to Daniel.
"What's this?"
"It's from all of us," Jack said, understanding what was in the box. "For you."
Daniel looked confused, but took the box, carefully opening it. His eyes widened when he saw the lens, looking between both of them, "You.. You guys got me this? But it was so expensive-"
"All of us chipped in. Me, Seán, Wade, Bob, Matt and Ryan. We wanted to cheer you up."
"I...I don't know what to say, thank you. Thank you guys so much, I-"
"Why don't you go try it out? Make a new video for us?"
He nodded quickly, and bolted out of the room. Jack couldn't believe how happy he looked about that lens.
Mark sat down in his chair, smiling up at Jack, "He was so excited.."
"We did good."
"We did."
"I'm really glad he's happier, even if it's only for a little while."
"Me too. Hey, Seán?"
"Yeah?"
"I think I'm falling in love with you."