twenty eight

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

Jack was frozen. He had never felt such a rush of happiness in his entire life. Mark loved him?
Suddenly, Jack was enveloped in darkness, his screen going dark and everything turning off. What a great time for the power to go out. Now he couldn't get back to Mark, what was he supposed to do, wait for it to come back on? That could take ages! And Mark probably thought Jack hung up on him, which he would never do.
He grabbed his phone, groaning softly when he saw it was at 2% battery. He went to his and Mark's conversation, quickly beginning to type out a message.
"hey god i'm sorry my power went out but i wanna tell you that i know i lo"
That was when his phone decided to die, the message going unsent as Jack literally facepalmed. Great.
--

Mark was frozen to his seat. Jack had looked so happy for a second, but then he hung up. He hung up. Mark told him how he felt, and he hung up. He didn't know what to do, or how to feel. He couldn't, it was all just...numb. He knew he had fallen quickly, but he could've sworn Jack would feel similarly. He felt surprisingly hurt and betrayed. Jack knew how sensitive Mark's emotions were, so why would he do something so... insensitive? He decided to send him a message.
--

mef95: Hey, I'm sorry, I...
mef95: I just had to tell you. I get it. I'm sorry.

Your messages could not be sent.

mef95: Wow, really? You turned your phone off?
mef95: Here I thought we actually had something.
mef95: Jesus, what an idiot I am.

AN////////////
This one is shorter because I felt I needed to save y'all from the heartbreak. The last three chapters have been awful, I know, I'm so sorry. They'll only get worse.
Heads up to more sensitive readers; this story will contain Daniel's suicide. (It will also contain self harm for Mark and possibly Jack, as mentioned in the beginning, but I'll try to keep it vague)
I'm doing this as a way for me to cope. That probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I get very easily attached to people, and Daniel was someone that I really looked up to. And I miss him. Writing is how I vent my feelings, and that's kind of what I've been doing here. Getting all this out about Daniel and such makes me feel better.
There will be a warning at the chapter it happens in, and the act itself won't be descriptive. Don't worry.

As to readers, I have two that I'd like to thank very much! francioteri , who has been a faithful commenter that I appreciate very much, and GalaxyyChildd , who I've known for years and feels the need to kik me and tell me how much they hate me every time I post a sad chapter
Thanks for that

And lastly, I have a question!! There may or may not be smut eventually, probably not, but either way I'm wondering what everyone headcannons? Top!Mark or Bottom!Mark and the same for Jack? What do you think for this book?
I personally think Mark should top, just because he's so much bigger than Jack physically, but eh
I give the people what the people want