forty four

"I should've brought a blanket, it's freezing up here."
"We could always cuddle."
Mark grinned, looking over at Jack before reaching out and pulling him closer, wrapping his arms around him, "I like that idea."
"Dork," Jack muttered, smiling as he nuzzled his face into Mark's chest, "How long have we been up here?"
"I have no idea. I think the sun is starting to come up."
"You're kidding me."
"Nope."
"Fuuuuuck, we're never gonna get off this roof."
"Seán, chill. It's only been, like, two hours."
"It's gonna get hot. I hate the heat here."
"You're such a baby."
"In case you haven't noticed, it's relatively cold in Ireland!"
"Alright, alright. I'll make sure someone gets us down before the pretty baby melts."
Jack pushed himself off of Mark, crossing his arms in a pout, "It's only okay because you called me pretty."
"Come baaaack, you're beautiful, devilishly handsome, let me cuddle you again," Mark whined in response. Jack couldn't help but smile, pretending to think about it.
"Hm, I dunno. You were kinda rude."
"I'm sorryyyyyyyyyy, I love you."
"I don't know if that's good enough."
"Seeeeeeeeááááánnnn."
"Okay, okay, stop complaining," He chuckled,  crawling over and laying right on top of Mark, one arm going behind his head and the other to his side.
"This is really close," Mark mumbled, moving his head slightly. "Your arm is more comfortable than the roof," He said, then wrapping his arms around the smaller boy on top of him.
"Close was the point, doofus."
"You're so mean to me."
"You know I love you." There was a sharp intake of breath, and Jack looked up, "What?"
"You've never said it out loud before."
"Oh... Well, I have now.  Is that bad..?"
"No! God, no, it's just.. I wanna hear you say it again."
"I love you, you dingus."
"Good enough."
Jack rolled his eyes, trying to cover his smile as he placed his head back against Mark's chest.
"Hey, Jack?"
"Mm?"
"Look at me."
"I just laid back down."
"So?"
Jack sighed, looking up and sticking his tongue out at Mark, making him smile.
"You're beautiful."
"You already told me that."
"Stop ruining the moment."
"Sorry, Mr. Sassypants."
"Seán-"
"Okay, I'm sorry. Continue."
Mark rolled his eyes, reaching up a hand to Jack's chin, pulling him closer and bringing their lips together. It was that simple, a quick little kiss, but it left both of them blushing. No words passed between them as Jack leaned forward again, kissing him a little harder than before, Mark's hands tightening around him.
"That's a real kiss," He murmured, moving up to kiss Mark's nose, "And you're adorable when you blush."
"...shut up."