forty five

"I think I'm melting," Jack muttered.
"Either melt or burn, up to you," Mark retorted, laying back. He was now shirtless on the roof. The summer sun had come up, and Jack's skin couldn't take it, so he was laying down with Mark's shirt protecting him.
"This is stupid," He answered, and Mark only chuckled.
"Don't sweat all over my shirt."
"I might pee all over it, I'm dying up here."
"I told you just to pee off the side."
"Mark, that's disgusting."
"You're so difficult."
"Yeah, well, it's your fault we're up here. I'm gonna be difficult."
"Baby."
"Asshat."
"Ouch."
Jack poked his head out from under the shirt and stuck his tongue out, both of them being interrupted by voices.
"I don't know where the fuck they could be," Bob!
"They didn't take their phones, wherever they went," Wade!
They must have come outside looking for the two.
"Why is this ladder here, what the fuck?" Bob looked up, "Do you think they're up there?"
"Yes!" Mark yelled, "We're up here, please help us!"
Bob burst out laughing, "Oh my god, you fucking idiots! How'd the ladder even fall?"
"Ask Jack's stupid foot!"
"Hey, don't blame me!"
"Alright, we're getting you down," Wade cut in, shaking his head as he went over to the ladder, pulling it up and to the edge for the two boys to climb down.
Once safely in the yard, Mark fell dramatically to the ground, pretending to kiss the grass, "Safety! Steady ground!"
"Why are you shirtless?" Bob asked, looking down at him, "Please tell me you didn't have sex on the roof."
"We did not have roof sex," Jack quickly said, throwing the shirt at Mark.
"Holy shit, you're so sunburned," Bob had to cover his mouth to keep from laughing.
"That's why I had his shirt, I was trying to protect myself. We've been up there since four in the morning."
"You guys are stupid."
"No, he's stupid, it was a bad idea from the start."
"Hey, I was trying to be romantic, you're the one that kicked the ladder off."
"Yeah, because you said you'd just pull me the rest of the way up. It wouldn't have happened if you weren't tryna be all macho."
"Fine, see if I ever be a good boyfriend again."
Jack just looked at him. Is that what they were? They'd never given themselves an official title, but hey, maybe they were. Boyfriends sounded nice.