forty nine

Mark was miserable. He hadn't moved an inch since Jack had walked away from him. He couldn't breathe. He felt as though his heart had been ripped out and stuffed into Jack's luggage.
He stood there until he saw the plan begin to take off, speeding down the runway and lifting into the air. It wasn't until then that it really hit him, that he felt so completely and utterly alone that he didn't know what to do.
He couldn't see the plane anymore.
Jack was gone.
Mark was crying even harder now, standing in the middle of the crowded airport, barely even aware of the people around him. What was he supposed to do? Going home would feel miserable without Jack to cuddle.
Without Jack...
He knew he had to leave, he couldn't just stay here and cry, he had to go somewhere- not home, but somewhere. He turned, beginning to walk through the crowd to leave when he heard it.
"Mark!"
He hesitated. Surely he was hearing things.
"Mark!"
He stopped.
"Mark, ya big doof, turn around!"
He whipped around, met with the sight of a familiar green headed boy running towards him, jumping into his arms. Mark grabbed him tightly, spinning him around. No words passed between them, they just both cried into each other's shoulders for a long time.
"I thought you left?"
"I couldn't do it."
"God, I love you."
"I love you too, I'm so sorry."
"Please don't ever leave me again."
"I won't."