forty two

AN////
I got votes on my authors note are you guys that loyal holy shit

Jack was shaken out of a peaceful slumber by a voice calling his name, "Seán, Seán wake up, you dickbag."
"Whaaattt?" He dragged out the words, turning to bury his face in the pillow.
"Come on, I wanna show you something."
"Mark, it's," He looked up at the clock, "Four in the morning?! What the hell?"
"Come on, please? Just come with me."
Jack let out a groan, sitting up in the bed, watching as Mark jumped up, "How the hell are you so eager?"
"Stop whining and follow me."
"Rude," Jack muttered, running his fingers through his messy hair as he walked out with Mark, getting more and more skeptical the closer they got to the back door, "Why are we going outsi-"
"Hush."
Jack rolled his eyes, making a face as his feet hit the wet grass. Mark led him over to a ladder, "Uh, Mark?"
"God damnit, we're stargazing, okay? Just get on the roof."
"Are you serious right now? Do you really think that's a good idea?"
"I do it all the time. I'll go first, you hold the ladder," He said, walking over to it. Jack quickly obeyed, grabbing one side and then the other as Mark climbed. It still seemed like a horrible idea, but he seemed confident, so he would follow him.
"Alright, come up," He called down, leaning over and grabbing onto the ladder, holding it for Jack. He began to climb up shakily, the only thing making him feel better being looking up at Mark and his happy little smile. As he neared the top, Mark let go so Jack could climb on. It quickly proved to be a bad idea, though, as the ladder trembled under every step he made.
"Oh, jeez..."
"Here, take my hand."
Jack grabbed Mark's hand, allowing himself to be pulled up, his feet swinging out, kicking into the ladder and...knocking it over.
"Oh, fuck, oh Jesus-"
"Jack, it's okay," Mark laughed, both boys peering over the edge, "We'll just be stuck here until morning."
"That's not okay! What if no one knows we're up here?! We didn't bring our phones!" Jack was going to panic. He knew this was a bad idea from the start, but he hadn't been expecting getting trapped on the roof! What were they going to do?