Chapter 1

"How long will you be gone for?" Niall asked lightly, wiping the sides of his mouth with the table napkin as he slumped back into his seat after the fulfilling meal. 

Jamie had suddenly decided to take him out for lunch, and even though the idea did shock Niall in the beginning, he still obliged. They were still boyfriends, despite everything that happened between them behind closed doors. 

"A month. Maybe more," The curt reply made the blonde frown a bit, wondering whether this trip was something more than just a work experience for Jamie. The man was known for his playboy ways and Niall was in no way capable of taming him. He had tried and failed several times. Not that he had ever tried very hard. What Jamie did was none of his concern. 

"I'll miss you. I hope you have a good time there." He gave a tight lipped smile to his boyfriend, letting his eyes trail at much beautiful and worthwhile things. God knows Jamie was not worth his time, not even a slight second of it. 

The restaurant was a beautiful one, a high profile area where only the rich could afford a proper meal. There was a chandelier over head and Niall's gaze didn't want to leave the shimmering crystals and the beautiful lilac and white wallpaper. It was all very calm, the people around having little conversations, nobody was being insignificantly loud and no young toddler was crying his heart out. Everyone was basically having a very sophisticated and proper meal. Niall hated it instantly. 

"When do you have to leave?" The sooner he left, the better. The blonde's brain was already raking for everything he could do once Jamie decided to board his plane and leave for a month. He could go and visit Louis, that was on the top of his list, to visit his best mate. He could sign up for that Ad deal that was waiting his approval. He might be just a rising star but Niall was still famous, a bit more than Jamie but they never discussed this. 

Even though the dirty blonde sitting in front of his eyes was not even a slightest bit interested in Niall's question or into feeding his queries, he still quirked an eyebrow, giving Niall a huge smile, one that might charm the cameras and the countless models he worked with but nothing worked on Niall. It was as if the Irishman was made of ice. 

"I'll be leaving tomorrow. Early morning. I have a photo-shoot tonight and then I'm out." Niall noticed how Jamie's voice was way too high pitched, even more than Louis' and that's saying something. It was annoying when Jamie talked for long and the blonde that suffered through the torture of just sitting there while his lovely boyfriend read out his speeches for awards and whatnot, again and again. 

"I wish you a good flight." Another lie. Inwardly Niall was just waiting for the plane to crash and crumble into pieces but then he reminded himself that there were going to be other people on it, other better people, people who actually weren't so selfish and annoying, people who had a family to go back to and that thought was enough to make him stop. He just wanted to wish doom upon Jamie, other innocents weren't meant to ever be the target.

"Thank you love. Now hurry along, I'll drop you back to the studio and then I'll go for some real work." The older man bit his lip to conceal the small smirk waiting to sneak out but Niall could still see the sarcasm in his eyes, the sheer amusement they held every time Niall so much as talked about writing new songs or just started strumming his guitar. 

"I'm just glad my real work doesn't demand me to go about half naked in such a dreadful London weather but to each it's own I suppose." He felt a firm hand digging into his back, nails pressing into the flesh even through his silk t-shirt and the pain was enough to make him cry out, whine and moan for help but he suppressed the desire to do so. Why should he give this cold hearted, selfish brat the satisfaction of knowing that he was affecting him in some way or the other?