Chapter 11

There comes a point in life where people do have the feeling of wanting to end it all. Niall somehow, found himself feeling the exact same way as he sat staring at his phone. It was evening, and Jamie had been blowing up his phone non stop, calling and texting him to pick up but the blonde just couldn't bring himself to. He felt guilty, for cheating on someone he didn't even love, with a person who was so amazing and gentle with him but Niall just felt like he had failed himself. He had never entered this part of the world to find love, all he wanted to do was make good music and keep people happy. People who actually loved and appreciated him. 

"Stop calling me," The blonde whimpered, pulling his legs closer to himself at his spot on the floor, sitting right next to his bed. He slumped his head on the soft mattress, allowing his eyes to snap shut as he pictured Jamie telling him all the excuses and lies he had said before. It was sad that Niall always had to pretend that he cared when all he really wanted was for the man to disappear and just leave him alone. The phone rang again, the familiar beats of Beyonce playing in the background made him want to snap his eyes shut and maybe just throw his goddamn phone away. With shaking hands, Niall brought the white device closer to himself, and tapped the accept button. 

"Why weren't you picking up?" The small blonde bit back a scoff, wanting to tell all about himself and Harry but that would be wrong. Harry was his secret, he wasn't going to share it with Jamie. The thought of the curly haired brunette made Niall smile unconsciously, and he relaxed in his place on the floor, breathing coming out in small puffs rather than those shaky breaths he had been taking. 

"I'm sorry. I was asleep." Lying straight through his teeth had become so much easier, Niall wondered. 

"Right. Well, I called to tell you that I might be here for two-three weeks more. Work's tiring and all. Will you be fine by yourself?" The blonde bit his lips, ignoring the last sentence, a small bit of feelings and emotions that Jamie showed every once in a while. It was surprising how over the years of staying with the man, of getting to know him and of getting hurt by him, Niall had never ever pictured himself falling in love with Jamie. It was a silly thing to be thinking about but usually, over time, two people do come to either like each other like friends or just fall in love with each other like lovers. But nothing had happened between him and Jamie, except the hate on Niall's part had just increased. 

"Of course I will be. Good luck on the work." And on getting those bimbos to bed with you. Niall laughed at his own thoughts, not getting how anyone could even find Jamie attractive. Okay, so maybe he did have a nice body, he was a model after all but his personality was an entirely differently level of assholish. 

"Remember to not do anything that embarrasses me." Niall rolled his eyes before muttering a quick goodbye and hanging up. He curled up into himself once again, feeling exceptionally drained. There were just so many things on his mind. There was the fact that he was cheating on Jamie, and believe it or not, it was eating him alive. Then there was his album which he felt lacked something. A strong emotion or the right beats maybe . It just felt incomplete to him. He had written at least five songs down and by the next week, he was sure he'd have at least five more songs written but the songs weren't the problem, it was the overall album that just seemed to be lacking something. 

Niall sighed loudly to himself as he got up from his place on the floor. He quickly snatched his phone, stuffing it in his jeans pocket as he searched his cupboard for his denim jacket before grabbing a beanie to hide his messy hair. He quickly grabbed the keys to the apartment and locked it shut before running down the stairs only to collide into a strong chest, a familiar scent filling his nose. 

"Easy there." The blonde smiled at the soft and husky voice, the slow way Harry's lips moved captivated him for a moment before the realization that he was actually planning on sneaking out to get some fresh air, hit him right in the guts. Niall smiled shyly, stepping back from Harry's hold. "Were you planning on going out somewhere?" The brunette asked, eyes raking up and down Niall's body. It was well around six in the evening and even though it wasn't particularly chilly outside , Harry was still glad that the blonde had a jacket on him.