Chapter 8

Niall shuffled in the bed he had been placed on, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep into. It was around midnight and as much as he hated the sneezes and sniffs leaving his body, he knew he was going to fall sick the very next day. He really should've been a bit more cautious but the rain was a surprise to him as well. Maybe he should've checked the weather. He mentally noted down to do so the next time he decided to move out alone. 

Another lightening struck outside, making Niall shiver involuntarily as he placed the blanket closer to his body. He sent a mental thanks to Harry for taking such good care of him. Niall was well aware that the brunette was a caring and kind person, he had after all, prepared warm milk for him, run his a hot bath and then, while Niall was slightly unconscious, the brunette had carried him all the way over to his room and taken the couch himself. It was a sweet gesture, to give someone so much without them even asking for it. Niall blushed unknowingly as he thought about the way the rain drops were running down Harry's body as he came to rescue him. It seemed like fate had a way of doing things on its own accord. 

Niall shivered uncomfortably in the bed, frowning to himself when sleep didn't come even after he tried again and again to close his eyes and just fall asleep. He sighed to himself, getting out of the single bed. The room was quite untidy, what was expected of a typical bachelor. There were things lying around like Harry's used shirts and bundles of paper and some literature books. Niall just thanked the lord's above that Harry wasn't dirty but rather just a bit untidy. He ran a hand through his hair, trying to straighten them out flat over his forehead before squinting his eyes to find his way down the stair case outside the room. 

The house was a small one, with painted white walls and the wooden floors were slightly squeaky under his feet. Niall loved how it gave him the feeling of 'home' with the way the walls down the staircase were arranged with photographs of Harry sitting with a young female that looked quite like him. Probably his sister. There was one with Harry fishing with an older male. Maybe this father and the favorite one of Niall was the one in which Harry was holding a guitar, sitting shirtless with just a pair of yellow shorts on him and a green snap-back on his head. He quickly changed his mind though when his eyes traveled to the last photograph. It consisted of Harry smiling at the camera with whom Niall thought to be his mother and his sister, arms wrapped around the two beautiful females. They looked happy and content, something that Niall had never had with his family. Him and Greg were happy though. For a long while at least. Maybe even now, if Niall was ever to go back to his brother and meet him again. He didn't dare to do so, a kind of force holding him back. 

"Couldn't sleep?" Niall jolted at the sudden intrusion of the husky voice, turning around to see Harry staring at him from his position in the couch . He looked sleepy, Niall wondered to himself, watching how the brunette kept on trying to flicker open his eyes but then shut them close. Repeat the action again and again. 

"Not really. The bed felt strange," The blonde whispered guiltily, feeling a bit ungrateful that he couldn't even sleep properly and Harry had left his own bed for Niall's sake. Niall ran his fingers down his own arm, trying to calm himself down from shivering so damn much. It was still raining cats and dogs outside, the water hitting on the window pane was creating a kind of music, a rhythm that Niall liked a lot but right now, he wished it would stop raining so damn hard. 

"I'll make you some tea. It helps a bit with sleep, my mum always used to give me tea or warm milk when I couldn't sleep." Harry chuckled, preparing to get out of his make shift bed, the comfortable couch but Niall's voice protesting his proposition, stopped him. 

"It's going. You look tired so you can just sleep. I'll make tea for myself," Niall whispered lightly, walking towards the familiar kitchen. He was glad that Harry didn't live in an exclusively lavish lifestyle. Niall was certain that the curly brunette was being paid a lot by Jamie and even a part of him was curious about where the money went. It wasn't that the house was completely poor or unkempt but rather it was a bit too cramped for somebody with a pay as high as Harry's. There were papers lying around everywhere, notes scattered on the refrigerator, clothes lying on the floor with magazines, some which Niall had noticed were porn magazines. He shook his head, mumbling to himself about how horny guys these days were as he searched the kitchen for some sugar and honey.