Chapter 9

Niall stared blankly at the flat screen TV in front of him as the pictures rolled by. He gritted his teeth together, frowning harshly at the headlines. It was scary how much anger and resentment he was feeling at the news. Not only was Jamie perfectly fine (Niall was still hoping the plane would crash) but he was also having a gala time with the models out there. The pictures of his boyfriend flirting openly with the Victoria's secret models dressed in nothing but bikinis was a bit unsettling. Niall didn't feel jealous, not at all but he was simply angry. 

"Mr. Horan the car is ready. Are you prepared to go?" The blonde turned around to stare at Harry, before turning his attention back to the TV. The news reporter was openly talking about how glamorous the entire photo shoot in Thailand was and how Jamie Dakota was apparently a big ladies man. Niall brought his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around his leg with the remote held in one hand. He wanted to just break the fucking TV and fly right over to wherever Jamie was and publicly humiliate him the way Jamie had done the same to him countless times. Give him a taste of his own medicine. 

"Is this the end of the famous Hollywood couple -Jamie Dakota and Niall Horan?" The Niall scoffed at the fake sad expression the girl reporting all the happenings from all the way up in Thailand wore. He didn't need any pity. He was going to be the happiest man on Earth once Jamie was gone out of his life. But really, the only reason why Niall was even the slightest bit bothered was because of what a pushover it made him seem. He was shown as the weak one of the relationship, the one who stayed with his boyfriend despite knowing that he was a big fucking playboy. Niall wanted to shut all those rumors though, tell them that he was into this entire thing for all the wrong reasons, that there was no love in their relationship.It was all so fake and so damn carefully planned. Jamie, the protective boyfriend, the guy who celebrated Niall's birthday by booking out an entire amusement park and then doing the same to the expensive restaurant they went out to eat in afterwards. He was the one who bought Niall roses and lilies, took him on expensive dates and got extremely jealous when anything or anyone else became Niall's first priority other than Jamie himself. He was perfect to the public eye but he was nothing of the sort to Niall. He might've gotten the blonde out of poverty, given him a big chance in the music world but that's where he drew the line. That's the place where Jamie's kindness became malice. 

"Do you want me to switch off the TV?" Niall flinched a little at the voice, having briefly forgotten that Harry was in the same room. His hate for Jamie had taken over, making him forget absolutely everything that had happened between him and Harry. It was shocking how the very next morning they had gone back to being their professional selves. Harry went back to calling him Mr. Horan and pretended that the kiss didn't happen. And even though he had taken Niall back to his house, they hadn't exchanged a single word. 

"No. Let it keep on playing. I love these moments when his real face comes out in front of the entire world." And then he makes a lie about loving me a lot. Niall smiled at Harry, frowning when he noticed the brunette was already staring at him, his expression a mixture of anger and sadness. The blonde didn't get the reason for these expressions.

"Are you alright Mr. Horan?" The brunette asked, concerning dripping from his voice. 

"I haven't been okay for two years Harry but thank you for asking. And you can call me Niall." The blonde hugged himself tighter, watching with glaring eyes as Jamie ran his hand down a girl's back on the TV screen .It was funny how everything was happening backstage and then there were also images of him out and about with models, going in their hotel rooms and what not. "Plus this doesn't really bother me. It's nothing new."  

"Well then Niall, if this doesn't bother you then why are you crying?" Harry hissed, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched one tear slide down the blonde's pale cheeks.