Chapter 3

Jamie was leaving today and just the thought of that was enough to calm Niall down. Even though he had to get up early morning at 5:00 AM just to take his boyfriend to the airport and wish him goodbye, smile for the camera and pose like the perfect couple people make them out to be, it was still worth it, since the result would be Jamie being out of his hair for a month. Hopefully more. Niall was still on board with the thought of the plane crashing, maybe the other passengers can safely evacuate and Jamie will be the only one left on it? 

"Come on, let's go. My plane leaves in forty five," That harsh way he always spoke to the blonde did nothing to calm down the Irishman's nerves. He didn't want a repeat of what happened the last time and what's worse is that everyone was talking about it. His twitter was filled with people showing concern while others were just laughing at it. Niall was just glad that he didn't have to release his next single for a few months, that way the entire fainting on the street thing could just blow over and people could go back to loving him. Even if they always pictured him with Jamie. 

"I'll be right there," Niall replied back, neatly folding another one of his boyfriend's shirts and putting them in the suitcase. He had been assigned the job to pack all of his luggage while his lover was busy doing the photo shoots and definitely hitting on all the models. Niall really didn't get why Jamie even kept him there when he could go for much prettier and arrogant people, someone who is as much of a devil as Jamie himself. 

Lifting up the suitcase, the blonde frowned at how heavy it was but continued trying to drag it outside since clearly his boyfriend wasn't really going to be much help in this area. As far as Niall knew, the idiot was already sitting in the car, tweeting some random shit which millions of people seemed to like and retweet instantly or he was liking pictures of random models on Instagram. Something he did for fun and maybe even pleasure. Niall didn't really care much. 

"Let me pick that up." The blonde's body froze at the soft, husky voice, causing him to immediately snap his head in the direction from where it came. Harry was always such a delight to look at. He was like the refreshing breeze of fresh air you get after an extremely hot day. Even though the man was expressionless all the time, he still displayed some sort of kindness towards Niall and that's all that really mattered.

"No. It's alright. It's not your job to carry stuff," Niall waved a hand in dismissal, trying to drag the heavy suitcase down the flight to stairs but a strong hand wrapping around his arms stopped him from going any further. He was probably going to end up either tripping on the stairs or letting the suitcase fall, both of which were going to anger Jamie equally. 

"It's not in my job profile, yes but I want to help you considering you look like you need help." The brunette's lips curled into a soft smile, his eyes crinkling a bit from the corners and his gaze softening. It made Niall wonder just how delicate yet rough Harry looked. He had a light stubble going on, nothing too prominent but it was still there and for a brief moment, Niall wondered what it would feel like to run his fingers through them. He quickly shook the thought away, scolding himself for even going that far. 

"T-Thank you." The blonde huffed out, watching Harry's muscles flex as the taller man easily picked up the suitcase and without another glance his way, started taking the bag downstairs, leaving Niall to trial behind as quietly as possible. 

Niall wondered what Harry thought at times. The bodyguard was way too closed off from absolutely everything. He just came and did his work, and then left in peace. It was strange really. The only emotion Niall had seen on Harry was anger and concern - they were both directed towards Niall. Anger for letting Jamie touch him like this and concern for why he was crying in front of so many people. It must be embarrassing for him, Niall thought, to know that his employer has such a weak boyfriend.