Epilogue

The hall was filling with people of all sorts. Women dressed in beautiful floral and long shimmery dresses, men in tuxedos and suits, little girls with tiaras on their head and little boys giggling and running about in their shorts and suspenders. The man with the blue eyes watched the scene from a distance, feeling a bit  nervous considering this was his event. His day. It had taken him all his strength and might to reach here and now that he was finally there, looking at them all from the first floor of the beautiful building. 

"Are you nervous?" The familiar high pitched voice caught his attention, making the blue eyed brunette turn his head towards it. He stared at the mirror behind his best mate's small figure and unconsciously raised his hand to his hair, still a bit insecure about the brunette hair.He had got it changed for a reason. This was a new life with a lot of new modifications. 

"A bit I suppose but it's been five years and I've got over my fear by now." The now brunette sighed loudly, smiling a little before walking towards the mirror to fix his bow tie. He was clad in a pure white suit, appropriate considering the event. 

"It's going to be fine

"It's going to be fine. He won't mind anyways and -" The door to the dressing room they were both in opened, breaking Louis and Niall away from the soft conversation they were having. The Irishman turned his attention in the direction of the new comer, smiling when he saw Ruth just staring at him in awe. 

"Ten minutes!" The blonde girl squealed, making Niall giggle a little. He quickly fixed his hair again, moistening his lips by running his tongue over them again and again before walking outside the room with Louis behind him. He could see Ruth watching his every movement and there was something in her hand, an off white envelope and as if the girl had sensed the brunette's gaze, she quickly held the envelope out. "It was for you. Arrived in the mail today morning. Looks old though." She frowned, quickly making her expression a more fitting one when she noticed that Niall just tossed the envelope aside with an easy smile before walking down the stairs. Over the years, she had learned to just agree with the way Niall handled things. He was an adult after all. 

The small brunette stared at the brown door that stood in his way, taking a deep breath as he wondered about what was going to happen if he opened it. If he decided to walk inside but the answer made him smile because he was ready for whatever was going to come. More than ready to be honest. It had been five years after all. Five years since everything, five years since starting over and five years since they had met. Five years and now here he was, opening the door with shaking hands and Louis rubbing his back comfortably. As if sensing his arrival, all the people in the crowd got up to their feet, the man clad in a black and white suit, glasses perched on his nose, the Father, smiled at the now turned brunette. 

"Stay calm. You can do this. This is your day." His best mate whispered into his ears before walking the path over to where the best man was supposed to stand. It was awkward for Niall to be standing their alone, with nobody accept Johannah to walk him down towards where his soon to be husband was standing and maybe that was expected considering he really hadn't talked to anyone after reaching Ireland, except for Louis and his family but that was a necessity. Niall knew that he wouldn't be able to survive without Louis in his life.