Chapter 6

Niall's fingers strummed the chords on his guitar. He kept on humming to the strange tune that was forming in his mind, kind of like the thoughts that just invade your entire being and the blonde was loving every second of it. Mid way, he would get flashes of green, green eyes staring at him and a tight bandanna wrapped around a sweating forehead but that just inspired him to continue humming to the tune. 

He had stayed up late night working on his album. It was a novice piece, nothing too brilliant but it was still his own music. He wasn't taking any help from the song writers or the professionals, unlike everything that Jamie had assumed and said, Niall's music was his own. Yes, there wasn't anything out among the public right now but he was just an upcoming talent. All he had in the market was one hit single, a few songs he had featured in and nothing more but that was enough to give him a fan base. What's more, he's dating Jamie Dakota, the brilliant model of the fashion industry. That in itself adds a bit glamour to his portfolio. 

"It's time for you to leave Mr. Horan," The excessively slow voice caught Niall's attention, making his hands abruptly stop and the guitar pick slid down from between his fingers. The blonde cursed himself internally for the shock that covered his senses. He was so into the music that he had forgotten all about the time and checking the wall clock, it was surely turning onto late afternoon and he hadn't even had his lunch yet. For breakfast, Harry had gotten him a simple fruit salad that according to the bodyguard, was homemade and Niall was grateful to get away from those hotel packed meals and subway sandwiches. 

Niall reached down for the guitar pick, unaware that the taller man was doing the same causing their heads to bump and for the blonde to fall back once again in shock. It was as if every time he was with Harry, he somehow found a way to embarrass himself. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't - I didn't notice you were there. Are you alright Harry?" The petite blonde hid his face in the sleeves of his stripped shirt. He quickly got up on his feet, refusing any help from Harry and quickly placing his things in ordering before checking for his wallet and iPhone.

"I'm alright. Let's get you something proper to eat. Mr. Dakota won't be happy if he notices I've been slacking off in taking care of you." The slight smirk on Harry's face made Niall's grip tighten around his phone. It was absurd really, how a part of him had just completely forgotten that Harry was Jamie's bodyguard and also, the man hired to take care of him for the time being after that dramatic panic attack and fainting incident. It was as if reality was slapping Niall on the face and telling him to wake up from this dream. He blamed Louis, cursing his best mate for putting all these horrid thoughts in his mind. Him and Harry would never be anything more.  There was not a chance of anything because Niall was absolutely positive that Harry thought of him as just a loser who was trying to make it big in the entertainment world. 

"Lead the way." He ignored the way Harry flinched at the sudden cold tone in his voice, keeping two steps behind Harry as they walked down the stairs, the taller brunette taking Niall's claustrophobia into consideration and hence, avoiding the elevators. It was a kind gesture, anything to prevent the previous incident from happening once again. 

"The song." Harry spoke, putting the cold silence between them to an end. Niall turned around to face the bodyguard, eyes widening when he noticed the crowd outside the studio, making his lips curve into a smile. He knew most people might not even be here for him but no matter how modest he tried being, his album was probably the most talked among the newspapers and tabloids. His fans, even though there weren't that many, were rapidly and vigorously promoting his upcoming work and Niall just hoped and prayed that he would do well in the market. He didn't care about the charts that much, he just hoped that people would buy it and hopefully like it. Whether he topped the chart was up to the sales entirely and considering the way Jamie had told him about his voice not being as well and proper, Niall didn't have much hope in topping the charts.