Chapter 7

Niall wrapped his arms around himself, feeling like sobbing because he was drenched from head to toe in water, his phone was long dead and he had once again, walked to the place and not informed anyone of his whereabouts. He was in such a rush to show Louis the few new songs he had written. He wanted Louis' expert opinion even though the older man was not a song writer but a simple waiter in a local diner. Niall didn't care though. He had always sung songs with Louis back when they were in Ireland and even though now Niall would be singing at a professional level, on a stage where thousands of people would be watching him, he still wasn't going to let the good memories from his past leave him. He wanted to keep some things same no matter what.

The blonde whimpered when another lightening cracked, making a shiver of unpleasantness run down his spine. He scolded himself for not getting the extra key that Louis had given him. He was so damn excited to just talk to his best friend that he had completely forgotten to even call Louis up and inquire about his whereabouts. As a result, at late night, he was sitting drenched outside the gate of Louis's house.

The place just looked so gloomy, Niall wondered loudly, watching the dogs run away to find some shelter and he was tempted to join them, but aware that a human wouldn't really be welcomed. The trees were enjoying the light breeze that came with the heavy rain and Niall juts wished he could find someone right now to take him back home.

His wish was answered quickly when the loud rumble of a motorbike was heard, making Niall crane his neck to the direction where the sound was coming from. It seemed to be approaching him and he just wished the person was a good human being and wouldn't take advantage of him. He had nothing to offer anyways. His wallet was probably completely ruined by now just like his phone. His watch was still working but it was a cheap one, not an expensive Rolex. Basically, he was a wreck.

The blonde stood up from the floor, raising his thumb out the way he had seen people doing in so many movies and a blush coated his cheeks as he sneezed loudly, the sleeves of his hoodie swallowing his entire hand reached out to cover his nose.

"Mr. Horan." The voice was almost familiar but the loud sound of the rain making contact with the Earth was making it hard to exactly point out. Niall lifted his head up, blushing madly when he noticed Harry Styles perched on the motorbike which had stopped a few meters away now. Niall bit his lip, wondering why in every embarrassing situation, he was always brought one on one with his boyfriend's bodyguard. "What are you doing here?" Harry sighed, taking his helmet off and within a second, his entire brown curls were drenched with water . Harry tugged on them in annoyance before letting them just fall on his shoulder.

"I-I well you see, I wrote a few new songs for the album and I thought I should make Louis listen to them because I always make Louis listen to everything I write but then I forgot to get the keys and I didn't call him before and I chose to walk. Now I'm stuck here outside his house and it's raining so badly." Niall took a deep breath, cheeks flushed a bright shade of red as he stared at Harry's eyes glittering with amusement as they watched the blonde ramble on and on without a slight pause. "What I'm saying is that, can you please take me home?"

The brunette chuckled, grabbing his hair by both his hands and squeezing them tightly to get rid of some of the water. The rain was making his hair a bit too messy and hard to deal with. But one look at the pretty blonde, shivering under the cold was all he needed to make his decision.

"Hop on Mr. Horan. And this habit of yours of going places without any prior information has got to stop." Harry scolded, biting his lip when those pretty blue eyes stared directly at his dull green ones. He always found Niall's eyes to be the most appealing feature but maybe that was just him feeling a bit insecure since he had boring green eyes while Niall's were the same color of the ocean.