Chapter 17

The rumble of the bike's engine stopped, making Niall's heart beat accelerate quickly. He hopped off the thing, removing the helmet and tossing it over to Harry who was watching every single step Niall made just too intensely. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." The blonde whispered, switching his phone on and frowning at the amount of voice mails and text messages he had received for Louis and even Jamie. He didn't know what to make of anything right now. Everything was happening way too quickly and his entire mind was just a mess. He couldn't even think straight and the look on Harry's face - the confusion and the adorable pout - was really not helping him at all. "Goodbye Harry." 

"Y-yeah..." The curly brunette whimpered, turning the motorbike back on but continued to stare at the blonde's back. There was definitely something going on but Harry was left in the dark about everything. He started the bike up and moved out of the street once Niall was successfully inside. Even though Harry had a fair idea that whatever brief fling they had had was already over now, he still hoped that somebody could remain between them. Maybe not what they had been doing for the past few days but a friendship of some sorts. Harry felt like Niall needed that a lot - a friend by his side to take care of him. 

Turning around the familiar street of his own slightly old house, the brunette couldn't help but think about the time he had spent with the Irish blonde. Niall was everything he ever wanted. And even though the boy did have his flaws, he was still perfect to Harry For a split second, the thought of Niall leaving him alone forever crossed his mind but he shrugged it off, hopping off the bike and searching for his house eyes as he ignored all the rush of sudden emotions he was feeling. 

Harry placed the key in the lock, successfully opening it when his house phone started ringing loudly, the very sound of it made the older man groan. He picked the receiver up, placing it on his ears as he locked the door and kept the helmet on the couch. 

"Harry, where are you? You haven't been answering your phone for days!" Anne's loud voice, filled with motherly concern made the curly brunette roll his eyes fondly, instantly yearning for his mother to be with him. She always knew what was right and what was wrong, she was always there to guide him and support him and somehow, Harry knew that Anne would be so delighted to meet Niall. Hell, she might even approve of making the petite blonde her son-in-law. The train of his thoughts made his eyes widen frightfully. 

"I-I'm fine honestly. I told Gemma that I was going to be out for a while." Harry replied hurriedly, trying to keep his voice from wavering even a single bit. All Anne ever needed was just one second and she would quickly suspect that something was wrong. 

"Don't lie to me." Anne scolded, scoffing as Harry groaned loudly on the line. 

"Okay fine. I might have gone out for a few days with my employer's boyfriend." The curly brunette blushed furiously at his own words, as if he was embarrassed of what he had done when in reality, he was nothing but proud of being with Niall. And maybe a bit too smug about being inside Niall and fucking him into oblivion so that the blonde couldn't walk for days but Anne seriously didn't need to know that. 

"He is the blonde one right? Short in height, chubby cheeks with a natural red blush? He's adorable Harry." The older woman gushed, making Harry smile smugly because Niall was actually just that damn gorgeous. He was like a precious pearl and Harry was glad that he could possess such a thing, call it his own, even if it was just for a few days. 

"I know . He's gorgeous." 

"So why did he leave with you when he has a boyfriend?" The question made Harry sighed because yes , Niall did have a boyfriend and yes, Niall did cheat on Jamie with Harry and no, Harry didn't feel guilty about it at all. He loved Niall, more than Jamie ever would. That just made all the guilt go away.